♠️♥️Chapter 1 Part 9: Faulty Reception!♦️♣️

Yuuto's POV

"Wait just a moment! You really have dumbass rules like that?" Ace asked angrily.
"Yeah! I'll eat it if you're just gonna toss it!" Grim exclaimed.
"Not now, Grim..." I mumbled.
"My deepest apologies, Dorm leader. I was the one who said we should make a mont blanc." Trey intervened.
"Yeah yeah. I didn't think there would be a rule for something like that." Cater added.
"Making it isn't the problem here. The fact that you brought it here, now, today is the problem!" Riddle exclaimed.
"Couldn't you phrase it better since we worked so hard on the tart?" I asked the redhead. Even though I wanted to say something different than that.
"Anyone who follows that kind of rule is an idiot." Ace commented.
"Ace!" I nudged my elbow into his side to shut him up. But it was too late for that.
"Idiot...you say?" Oh no...

"Wait, stop! That word is taboo. And Riddle, these are freshmen that are still learning the ropes." Cater tried to calm the Dorm leader down. But of course, Ace wasn't having none of it.
"No, I'm gonna say it. Anyone who obeys that rule and tosses the tart is an idiot. Stop screwing around." Ace snapped at Riddle. I sighed, knowing what's about to go down.
"I agree with Ace. I think that rules are meant to be followed but... This is too arbitrary." Oh wow, never thought I'd see the day where these two agreed on something but, then again they're not wrong.

"You've got quite the nerve, talking back to me. Listen well. Even breaking insignificant rules leads to huge problems." Riddle explained.
"The other residents are afraid of getting their magic sealed so they don't speak up but I'm sure they feel the same!" Ace retorted.

"Ah no, we..." One of the residents stuttered out. Riddle then faced all the students.
"Huh, is that so?" He questioned the group of students. The students began to shake in fear.
"Not at all, Dorm leader!" Another one of residents spoke up.
"Everything is based on your judgment!" Another one added.
"Those guys...!" Grim exclaimed.
"Tsk... Wishy washy jerks. Lame." Ace angrily gritted his teeth.

"In the year that I've been dorm leader, there hasn't been a single student held back or expelled from Heartslabyul Dorm. Only Heartslabyul can say that. In this dorm I am one with the highest marks and the strongest. That makes me the most correct! So all you have to do is follow my rules without talking back!" Riddle explained to everyone.
"That's..." Deuce mumbled.
"I'm not cutting of your heads because I want to. You keep breaking the rules and leave me no choice." Riddle said. I could see that Trey wanted to say something but he simply stayed quiet.
"If you won't obey me, then it's off with all your heads!" Riddle said as his voice raised.
"Now everyone just say, "Yes, Dorm leader"." Cater told everyone, trying to ease the situation.

"... I can't do that." Deuce responded.
"... Me neither..." I said in my head but my mouth didn't open. Come on voice, I need you now!
"This selfish tyrant, I reject him!" Ace rejected instantly.
"What did you just say?" Riddle asked menacingly. I started to get shivers just from that.
"We're saying you're a hot-headed tyrant that wastes food for his own selfish whims!" Grim exclaimed. Grim why...
"W-whoa now, we didn't say all that..." Deuce stuttered. And as I predicted, Riddle snapped.

"Off with your head!"

And just like Ace, two collars appeared on Deuce's and Grim's neck. Even though I expected this, my eyes still widened.
"Guaaah!!" Deuce and Grim yelped.
"Geeh! It's this damn collar again!!" Grim exclaimed.
"Crap, it won't come off!" Deuce also exclaimed, trying to take the collar off, but of course he failed.
"Trey, Cater! Throw them out!" Riddle demanded, pointing at the three expect for me. It's probably because I stayed quiet.
"..... Yes, Dorm leader." Cater and Trey responded obediently. The two then took ahold of the three.

"W-what're you!?" Deuce exclaimed as he struggled to get free.
"So sorry, but we don't go against the dorm leader." Cater apologized but his voice became completely monotone.
"... I'm sorry." Trey apologized as well.
"Aaah. That so! Come at me!" Ace challenged the two as he also tried to break free, but like Deuce he failed. And soon they were kicked out.

Ugh, what am I doing? I should be going after them. But before I could go any further, I was stopped by Riddle. Oh god.
"Where are you going, Yuuto-kun? The party just started." Riddle said calmly.
"I'm sorry Riddle-kun. As much as I would like to stay, I need to go check on my friends." I answered him as I turned away. But before I could leave, I turned one last time.
"I just wanna say... Please take things more lightly. Just because you're the one with highest marks and the strongest doesn't mean you're correct. After all, you can't always be correct." And without letting him answer, I ran out of the party.

After a bit, I had arrived at the gates of Heartslabyul where the guys were.
"Well then, Ace and company. See ya later~" Cater waved goodbye to the guys.
"We'll work on pacifying Riddle so you guys can apologize and come back to the dorm." Trey told them before the two third years left.

"Shit!!! I am never apologizing!!!" Ace yelled out.
"Hey guys! How are you doing?" I ask getting their attention.
"Yuu!!" The three yelped in surprise.
"What are you doing here? I thought you were still at the Unbirthday party." Ace wondered.
"Well, it's just that it was starting to get boring, so I thought that I might as well join you three." I lied. I should be honest and tell them that I was concerned for them. But, I guess lying has become part of me now...

3rd POV

Meanwhile, in Heartslabyul's dorm party, Cater and Trey returned. Everything seemed fine except for one thing.
"Where's Yuuto-kun?" Trey asked Riddle.
"Ah... He left early unfortunately." Riddle answered, still thinking about what the black haired told him. Trey nodded.
"I see." He simply said.
"Huff... My goodness. Let's put that behind us and get back to the party. We must get to the croquet match. Ah, we're already 15 minutes behind schedule! This is terrible!" Riddle exclaimed.
"Yes, Dorm leader..." Trey answered before Riddle left in a hurry. With Riddle out of sight, Cater turned to his friend.

"... Are you really alright with this?" Cater asked.
"... There is nothing I can do." Trey answered in defeat.

*Drip, Drip*

To be continued...