♠️♥️Chapter 1 Part 11: Reckless Duel!♦️♣️

Yuuto's POV

After explaining the situation, Crowley began humming.
"I see, that's the situation... You're against apologizing to get the collar removed but you don't feel that you can persuade Riddle to let this go without fuss."
"Yeah, that's about right." Ace nodded.
"So then, if you don't think you can compromise with the dorm leader you have the option of transferring dormitories. However, your dormitory was chosen for you after the Dark Mirror saw the quality of your soul so there are quite a number of troublesome procedures and rituals that are required." Crowley explained.
"Transfer, huh. That makes me feel like I'm just running away so no thanks." Ace disagreed.

"Hmm. How do you feel about applying for a decisive match with Mr. Rosehearts to take his place as a dorm leader?" Crowley suggested.
"Eeeeeeehhhh!!!??" We all shouted, shocked by Crowley's suggestion. Is he serious?!
"Everyone! You're shouting!" Crowley whisper-yelled at us.
"Because you are saying really crazy things." Ace exclaimed at the headmaster.
"It is not crazy in the least. After all, that's how Mr. Rosehearts became a dorm leader." Crowley said.
"Now that you mention it, how are the dorm leader chosen at Night Raven College?" Deuce asked.
"Yeah, I'm also curious about that." I said.
"We heard that Riddle became dorm leader a week after he started school." Grim added.

"Being nominated by the previous dorm leader, winning a decisive match against the current dorm leader, and there are many other ways it's decided. A decisive match is one of the more simple." Crowley explained to us.
"Isn't using magic to settle personal squabbles prohibited?" Ace questioned Crowley.
"Personal ones, yes. Going through the proper channels with the headmaster overseeing a decisive match is another matter." Crowley continued his explanation.
"It's prohibited to place handicaps on your opponent before a decisive match, too. You would be able to get the collar removed without apologizing to Riddle. But..." Trey trailed off.

"All students are given the right to take the role of dorm leader the moment they enter this school. What do you say? Mr. Trappola, will you challenge Mr. Rosehearts?" Crowley asked Ace.
"Okay. I won't know unless I try." Ace answered immediately.
"Count me in, too." Deuce said with his hand in his fist.
"Don't forget me!" Grim chimed in.

"Grim, unfortunately students from another dorm cannot issue a challenge." Crowley informed.
"Ffgna!? Then who exactly is gonna take my collar off!?" Grim stuttered out.
"I'll order Riddle to take it off if I become dorm leader." Ace chuckled at the cat.
"Shit. This was gonna be a chance for me to show of my skills..." Grim huffed.
"It's okay, little buddy. Maybe another day!" I said, picking him in my arms and giving him head pets.
"H-Hey!" Grim exclaimed as his cheeks became pink. I giggled at him.

"Are you guys serious? Deuce, I never would have expected this from you." Trey said, sounding a bit disappointed.
"Really? As a man, don't you want to aim for the top sometimes? If we're doing this count me in, make it a team-play." Deuce smirked proudly. His bad boy side is showing now.
"Here it is, bad-boy mode." Ace chuckled with a smirk on his face. Deuce then snapped out of his bad boy side.
"Eh? It's... normal?" Deuce stuttered a bit. I laughed at Deuce as he looked away, his cheeks becoming pink from embarrassment.

"I shall take care of the bureaucratic matters." Crowley said.
"We should come up with a plan!" I suggested.
"Yuuto-kun... not you too..." Trey sighed. I just gave him a bright smile.
"Don't worry so much! We'll be alright." I reassured him. Trey nodded at me with a smile as he was also blushing a little. I wonder why...

"Yeah. Anyone got any bright ideas?" Ace asked us as we all thought about how to beat Riddle.
"Huuuh. I don't see us beating Riddle in terms of magic. But, if it's a fist fight we got this." Deuce smirked.
"True, he seems like a little weakling!" Grim chuckled. I don't think it's going to be that easy.
"Oops, I forgot to mention. In this decisive match any attacks other than magic are forbidden." Crowley stated.
"Guh!?" Deuce exclaimed in shock. Ace and Grim widened their eyes, also shocked by the new information.
"Ha ha ha! Follow the rules and enjoy your decisive match! The formalities will be taken care of tomorrow so be mindful of the timing. I bid you adieu." Crowley said before leaving the library.