Then again, Mikey could just burst in and demand that Pete explained the homosexuality of the situation to him, but like, Pete's mum could be there, or Pete could be home alone jacking off, and if there was one sure-fire way to make this situation a million times worse, it was most definitely walking in on that.

And perhaps just that was motivation enough to have Mikey's cellphone out of his pocket and in his hands: his fingers tapping out the least homosexual message he could muster, which really was ridiculous, because Mikey was actually supposed to be straight, and really Gerard, who was probably fucking their boyfriend right now could probably do a better job than him.

Pete texted back far too soon, and Mikey cringed at his text-tone, putting off reading the response by grabbing his headphones from his pocket and putting them in: putting his music on shuffle, and finding himself horribly unsatisfied with the music choice at least seven times before actually just resorting to finding the one track he actually wanted to listen to and playing that instead.

And by then, Pete had already texted back three times, and fuck it, Mikey was not at all prepared for this, and really, he would chose the sounds of Gerard and Frank fucking over this, any fucking day- well, maybe not, maybe, just maybe- fuck.

Fuck, Mikey was indecisive, and fuck, it was killing him, and really, he was doing a pretty good job of just keeping on walking and pretend that the message notifications were somehow invisible, but of course, then Pete texted a fourth time, and Mikey had to completely screw himself over by accidentally clicking on the pop up out of habit.

And fuck his life, because Pete knew he'd seen them now.

Perhaps it wasn't as bad as Mikey had been expecting because in response to his simple, yet awkward and nowhere near heterosexual enough 'hey, uhh can I come over just to like hang and talk and shit?' Mikey received nothing more but fucking Pete Wentz being an asshole 'I don't know, can you?'.

It had taken Pete all of two minutes to decide that his first response wasn't quite cutting it before he responded with 'okay sure I guess, mikeyway x', and then another minute break that Pete had spent debating the next message, 'you bring the condom', and then the final one, most likely in 'regret' of the one prior, 'I was joking, unless you actually want to because then... ;)'.

Seriously, fuck Pete Wentz.

It took Mikey the whole of four minutes to gather the strength to message him back with something either blatantly homophobic or blatantly homosexual - it was one or the other with Mikey right now, and with no hope of the calm and just grey in-between that would be the heaven of normality and not having this awkward fucked up not quite relationship with his best friend who he once thought slept with his ex-girlfriend.

'No thanks pete. I'll be like five minutes.'

And that was all Mikey managed in four minutes of talking down his homosexuality and the urge to respond with a series of highly homosexual and very indiscreet emojis, that Pete would make awkward by failing to understand at first, and then like showing it to his mum to explain, who would totally get it and be like what the fuck and then ground Pete and shot Mikey through the chest on his way to school tomorrow.

Thankfully, Mikey had gone for the non-homosexual option, as really, he didn't at all fancy dying: see, this was why it was just better that he left the whole thing with Pete as it was, because guys and well, doing them, maybe that was more of Gerard's thing than his, and maybe that was okay, because being a massive fucking virgin was another one of Gerard's things, and that most certainly didn't apply to Mikey, even in an alternate universe where they lived on Jupiter and Pete was a camel with four breasts and a milky asshole.