24.) Epilogues

Lights blazing.

Fans screaming.

Heavy breathing.

Heart pounding.

Sweat forming.

Music blasting.

“First crush. First kiss. First time I saw the ocean and dug my toes in the sand.” Tommy began the song, and the concert, like he’s done all summer. And like every show, I danced through the moves with the rest of the dancers, there were six of us. Three on the left, three on the right.

Even through the ear plugs that were stuffed in my ears, I could hear the crowd screaming and crying for Tommy’s attention as he walked to the front of the stage and bent over the stage as he sang, touching hands with the front row of sobbing teens and making their dreams come true. Just with one touch.

I continued dancing to the beat in my plaid shirt, jean shorts, and cowgirl boots topped off with a cowgirl hat- I looked cute, if I do say so myself- with the other five girls with a huge grin on my face. Being on stage was such a thrill, one that I’d never dream of enjoying, but it was amazing.

The whole crowd was holding huge signs with varying messages on them. “We love you, Tommy!” or his song lyrics. Some signs were even flashing with lights, aching for his attention.

I looked to the front row again and, right before the first row where the security stood, I saw almost everyone I know. Literally, everyone. This was the last show of the summer, so it was a huge deal, and it was in LA, which was convenient.

Even my dad flew out, which is saying a whole lot because he used to refuse to leave Minnesota. But he allowed just a two day trip to LA to see me perform with Tommy. He had a proud smile on his wrinkling face as I danced with the rest of the dancers, and that made me happy. Besides my dad, Jackson was telling him something.

Jackson was there with his arm around Jenna as she snuggled closely to his side. They looked so happy and comfortable together, I was so happy for my big brother. He’s such a sweetie pie because for their one year anniversary at the beginning of the summer, he took Jenna to Australia, which was her dream. Jackson’s career, and Jenna’s, are peaking right now, which is what his manager said. Then again, that’s what they said last year too. And the year before that. So either these celebrity “peaks” are longer than I thought or Jackson’s a lot more famous than people assumed he’d be. He’s busy with three huge movie deals right now with autograph signings and interviews all the time- I barely get to see him especially with Tommy’s tour, but I’m super excited for him, because next week, he’s traveling to Germany for interviews with the cast of one of the movies. Germany! That means that people all over the world know who he is, which is insane to me because just five years ago, he was just my older brother in Minnesota. And now he’s an icon.

Sitting beside Jackson, was Ryder. With no girl on his arm at the moment. He and Carrie did eventually end up admitting to a secret relationship that started right after Jackson’s premier. They couldn’t tell anybody for publicity reasons, I guess. I did eventually tell him what had happened in the hospital room when he confessed his feelings to me and assured me that I shouldn’t feel guilty, but I still did for a while, and he admitted to the feelings he had being really strong, he also admitted that it was why he and Carrie broke up, but then he told me that he was getting over me, which was good. I may not like him like that, but I do want him to be happy. At least he hasn’t gone back to sleeping around with random girls. I still talk to Carrie a little bit since we’d become friends when she was with Ryder and she is starting her fourth tour in the fall. Ryder, like Jackson, is expected to be peaking in his career right now with two movie deals and a TV show offering that he’s still thinking about.