They'd agreed straight away that she would only delve through memories of his Hogwarts days. There were many things after Voldemort's return that he didn't feel like reliving, or her seeing.  

Her shoulders slumped, and he realized she was nearly as exhausted as him. 

He stepped around her and began to rub her shoulders. He felt the muscles tense up suddenly as if they'd been plunged into icy water, then they loosened as she allowed her body to relax, melting into his fingertips with a sigh.

"Are you tired?" he asked her. 

"Mmm-hmm."

"Do you want to go to bed? I can wait up for Merula and Diego."

"No, you need the rest more than me. You should go lie down, but remember to clear your mind. The mind is the most vulnerable when you're asleep."

"No wonder I couldn't learn much when I slept in class."

She chuckled, then sprang away from his touch as the tent flap was flung aside, letting in an icy breeze and a boiling Diego. 

"What's the matter?" Sarah asked him at once, noting his outraged expression. "Where's Merula?"

"Where've you been?" he spat back, striding to stand in front of her. "You must have been sent a dozen messages by patronus!"

"We've been practicing occlumency," she replied, her voice hardening to match his. "I must not have noticed the messages. I'm hardly aware of myself when I'm in Barnaby's mind. Is Merula alright?"

"As far as I know. I told her she needed to wait until we met back up with you, but she wouldn't listen."

"What's she done?"

"While we were out, she got a patronus from Tulip, requesting us all to meet her at Loch Lomond. Apparently, she'd tried to contact you first, but got no reply. I insisted that we needed to go back and make sure you were okay first, but Merula wouldn't have it. She disapparated."

"Hopefully not straight into a trap," mumbled Sarah. 

"I almost hope she has. I'm sick of putting up with her attitude. All she does is mock and belittle the rest of us, and now she's run off without bothering to see if you're alright." 

"Are we going after her?" asked Barnaby. 

Sarah nodded. "I'll send Tulip a patronus. Then, I think we should meet her, but you know, be cautious. We can apparate nearby where she wants to meet and look out for trouble before we reveal ourselves. Did Tulip say what she wanted to meet for?"

Diego shook his head. "Just that she had work for us from the Order if we wanted it. I don't think she wanted to say too much before we met in person."

"Right. I'll message Tulip then."

It was agreed upon to meet Tulip near London Bridge the next morning. They encountered nothing out of the ordinary, other than Tulip having two companions with her--Merula and Lupin. 

"You shouldn't have deserted us," Diego began at once when he saw their messy-haired travel companion. 

"Save the sermon Caplan. It all worked out, didn't it?" To Sarah she added, "You'll like what they've got to show you, though it isn't nearly as exciting as I was hoping."

Lupin apparated them all to the outskirts of Winchester, then led them down a country lane, away from the town. "Before I tell you where we're going," said Lupin, "I need to know the location will remain between us and us alone. That includes your Romanian friends. I trust they are no longer traveling with you?"