Chapter 7

Robin's POV

After hearing what Raven told us about the future where she never came back. I died, Star and Cyborg left the Titans. Terra came back, but ended up betraying Beast Boy's older self also known as Changeling and the kids that loved Raven so much. And she said she was burned by Slade, that he gave her the scars that were on her arms, stomach, and back.

"What made you come back?" Beast Boy asked.

"Well, you did, Gar. He-You reminded me of how much I forgot. I had forgotten all about that day with Malchior, that day when I met the kids. But he did say that you had something to tell me, which I think I can guess."

Beast Boy suddenly looked really nervous, a little sweat dripped from his forehead and he stuttered, "What did future me do to give you a hint?"

"We'll talk later." Raven said.

"So, what's with the uniform?" Bumblebee asked.

"Well, according to Gar, future Gar, this is my uniform, but I need to change, it's too big now. Excuse me." Raven said and disappeared into her room.

"I can't believe I was murdered in the future." I said still reeling from that.

"That was a future without Raven. Now we have Raven. I think it will change." Beast Boy said.

"But we must protect friend Raven from Slade. He is the coming for her." Starfire said.

"We will. But with precaution, he sounds much more advanced."

"In ten years, Robin. It's only four days. I don't think he has the burning rope yet. And he definitely doesn't have Terra yet. That traitor." Beast Boy growled.

"Yeah, but we need to worry about Raven. He's after her now. So let's just focus on protecting Rae." Cyborg said.

I nodded, "But Slade is still smart, he may not be advanced yet, but we have to make sure he doesn't get to Raven."

"He won't." Raven said reappearing, she walked up to Melvin. Melvin hugged her tightly, she's been crying so hard.

Timmy and Teether both went over to her and hugged her too. Raven held Teether in her arms and laid a cheek on Timmy's head.

"You all grow up to be very beautiful and handsome. I'm sorry I ever left. I promise I won't ever do that." Raven whispered to them.

All the girls 'aw'ed at this.

"Now Melvin, I need you to tell Bobby to fight Slade. He's the only one who can."

Melvin nodded, "Did you hear, Bobby?"

Then Raven looked up into the air, as if someone was standing there. We all watched in astonishment as she was suddenly lifted. She looked like she was receiving a huge hug, but there was no one there.

"Friend Raven, what is lifting you into the air?" Starfire asked.

"Uh, Mel." Raven looked at Melvin.

"Bobby, let Raven down." Melvin said.

"Bobby, who's Bobby? And why is he hugging Raven?" Beast Boy demanded, sounding a little jealous, I might say.

"Bobby's our protecter." Melvin smiled.

"She always imagined having a giant teddy bear to protect her, Timmy, and Teether, and one day, Bobby appeared." Raven explained. Melvin nodded her head. "Is he still scared of them?" Raven asked Melvin.

Melvin nodded, "Yeah, he's only comfortable with us and you."

"Okay, I can't wait until you grow up."

Melvin smiled brightly.

"Okay, well, we should all maybe, sleep. It's been a long day. Raven, welcome back." I said and we all dispersed.

****************

Raven's POV

Everyone started to leave, Melvin, Timmy, and Teether all headed to my room to sleep there for tonight. I sat on the couch, and breathed out.

"Can we talk now?"

I jumped and turned to face Gar-Beast Boy. "Oh, um, yeah. Sit." I said and waited for him to sit next to me.

"So what did future me do to give you a hint?"

"It was a pretty big hint. He, um, he kissed me." I whispered so quietly that I couldn't hear myself.

But Beast Boy heard it, due to his sensitive hearing. His eyes widened and he blushed deeply. "Oh, um, I guess that is a pretty big hint. Uh, Raven..."

He trailed off and then leaned towards me.

******************

Beast Boy's POV

I stopped talking and decided to risk being hit. I leaned over to her and kissed her right on the lips.

She didn't move or make a move to move away. She just stayed still, but then I felt her hand on my arm. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her closer.

Our bodies seemed to fit perfectly, like we were made for each other. Kissing her felt so natural, so right. Everything was forgotten and all I could think about were her soft lips on mine, how her hands were running through my hair, and how she was kissing me back.

I slightly opened my eyes to look at her, she had her eyes closed and seemed peaceful. I closed my eyes again and enjoyed our kiss.

I finally summoned the courage to do something I wasn't sure Raven was going to let me do. I ran my tongue against her bottom lip, practically begging for her to open her mouth so I could explore. Surprisingly, she opened her mouth and let me slip my tongue into her mouth.

She tasted of tea and something I couldn't really put my finger on. But whatever it was, it was amazing. She was amazing. Then I felt her put her tongue into my mouth.

This was officially a make-out, to me at least.

After a few minutes we both pulled away to breathe. All I could say was, "Wow, was that the kind of kiss future me gave you?"

Raven laughed shortly.

I looked at her in amazement. "D-Did I m-make you laugh?"

Raven blushed, and nodded.

I grinned widely, "Yes!"

"We, uh, you should get to bed. The kids are with me for tonight, and I've been comatose for two days. But you need sleep, so go asleep, Gar."

"You call me Gar."

"Oh, yeah, uh, future you told me to. He said he liked it when I called him that. Is it okay?"

"Just don't do it in front of the others. I only want you to have the pleasure to call me that." I winked at her. I offered my arm to her and she took it smiling at me appreciatively.

I think that this was my happiest day ever. And I can't imagine my life with her. Without Raven. Without my mate.