Chapter 30: "I Love Her"

"Don't worry, I won't."

Wonyoung couldn't do anything else but just stand. Eyes wide open with tears forming unnoticeably. She haven't even notice as well her arms were trembling.

She won't..? She won't what??

Her eyes started shaking as many negative thoughts run her mind. What would that human won't do? Will she stop seeing her? Will she stop appearing now? Will she truly come back to her home and never show up again? Will human ever stop loving Wonyoung now..?

Such thoughts clouded her... And ends up feeling a sting in her chest. Why does it sounds so painful?

But it was Wonyoung herself to be blame. She told her to go home, so it would be natural that that human would. But why does a part of her wants Yujin to not follow? Why does Wonyoung wants her to persist and stay instead? There's a part in her that wants the human to fight.

But right now..? Witnessing how broken that human looks? How painful her voice sounds, Wonyoung knew it herself she was the cause. She gave her pain.

Wonyoung could only kneel on the ground with messed up mind. How come she became a person who hurt others..? The bunny just broke someone's heart. Someome she couldn't accept, but couldn't deny it either that's dear to her. Very dear.

Yet again... what Kai said might be right.

She looked at the book she's currently holding. And a tear dropped onto the cover page.

How come this book exist..? How does humanity know their existence. And most importantly.... Why does Yujin possessed such object? This book contains a lot about Wonyoung, and the forest folks livings as well, not just hers. It contains her whole life, from when she hides herself inside the tree house, to when she got caught by hunters and how she and prince Kai ended up together... This book even has their marriage written inside, which might happen, nobody knows.

Yujin knew all of it.

Wonyoung felt betrayed, of course. But she don't know why there's something inside bigger than the betrayal. It's a feeling she might never know now that all of this happened.

She was just... too drowned with this unfamiliarity and unknown pain in her heart that she didn't even notice Kai already left to follow the human for their final fight. She's just... Occupied by things she couldn't understand by herself.

Not until a voice suddenly spoke, "You..."

Wonyoung raised her head only to be greeted by the fairy, Hitomi, staring down at her with clear disappointment in her eyes. "... are just the worst, aren't you?"

Hitomi heard what happened as well from Chaewon. And it's obvious she's truly disappointed by the bunny's reckless act.

"I know...." Wonyoung just bows her head down, didn't even deny to herself that she truly felt guilty. Especially after her mind just flashed an image of Yujin earlier, she truly looks so broken.

But somehow, she was persistent, "But that human's no worse than me either..."

Thus made Hitomi chuckle, yet full of sarcasm and just... sounds so done, "If only I knew then I shouldn't have wasted my time giving you useless words of advice."

Wonyoung raised her head again and looked at Hitomi straight into her eyes, "Don't tell me you're on her side??" Her voice raised slightly.

This only made the fairy stare glare at her more, "And if I say I do?"