42. Five days part. 1

Day 1.

17 days until the wedding.

The first thing she felt when she opened her eyes was a severe headache. Lisa felt dizzy from the sunlight reflecting off the bedroom window, so she forced herself to close her eyes again and stretched blindly for her pillow to shield her face from the glare that plagued her terrible hangover, and the bad feelings that remained. From last night. The Thai felt the bed until she felt a cold hand and startled herself almost falling on the other side of the bed. That movement made her head hurt even more.

On the other side a blonde figure laughed shyly at the situation of the woman, who could now feel the pain in all the joints of her body, as Lisa could have sworn she was still under the influence of alcohol, so she went back to lie down beside Chaeyoung who was leaning on her right arm watching the confused Thai as her heart returned to normal.

"I had forgotten how spacious you are.“ Chaeyoung commented softly and with a sweet voice that made Lisa open her eyes and stare at her in wonder.

The two stared at each other for a few seconds, both delighted with the presence of the other, Chaeyoung felt the peace in her lonely heart, that peace she felt whenever she woke up and came across a black hair beside her in other times.

"I think I could stay here and forget that my parents and Logan exist; that a world out there exists." Lisa said rubbing her face with her hands.

She heard a muffled laugh from beside her.

"This is your home too, you can stay here and forget about the world, love.“ The older woman joked approaching the Thai. “Just stay with me, and I’ll give you all the strength I have, I didn’t use almost anything, I swear!"

Lisa found that extremely adorable. She couldn’t help but realize that she had pulled the older woman closer and given her a long peck, followed by a comforting hug. Chaeyoung laid her head on her chest, thinking that maybe there was nothing better than listening to her lover’s calm heartbeat.

The older woman held one of Lisa’s hands tightly and sang softly so that only the two of them could hear:

“I know you haven’t made your mind up yet, but I would never do you wrong. I’ve known it from the moment that we met. No doubt in my mind where you belong…"

A few stubborn tears escaped Lisa’s eyes making her wonder where her mind had gone when she didn’t realize she was face to face with the love of her life.

“Want to tell me exactly what happened with Logan and Helena?" She asked worriedly, her hand curled in a light caress in Lisa's dark hair.

Lisa sighed heavily and guided her mind to the events of that night.

“I had returned from The Village and found a woman in my office, it was Helena. I know she came to me knowing who I was, she wanted me to know what my father did. In a way I wished I didn’t know.“ She laughed nervously. ”My father betrayed my mother when I was 7 years old and the result of this betrayal was Helena’s pregnancy.“ her eyes were lost in the red wall of the room remembering the old times. “I called Logan and asked him to come to the office…"

The door was opened by an indifferent Logan. He didn’t carry a worried expression like Lisa imagined he would be; he barely seemed to care what his fiance told to him over the phone about her father. The Thai rose from her chair wiping her tears and walked around the table throwing her arms around the lawyer. He was one of her best friends, he should have cared. The hug wasn't warmly returned. He was cold and that hurt Lisa.

“What happened?” she asked, feeling the hurt that the man’s coldness hit her. “Why are you like this?"

“Like what?" He asked seriously and raised his eyebrows. “Distant? Cold? The same way you’ve been with me all this time after you met Park?"