⁴²| The Council {Part 2}

Start from the beginning

Dumbledore still looked like he bit into an especially sour lime, while the Minister looked faintly interested and curious. But it still looked like Dumbles hadn't found out who I truly was, even though I stated my name while finalising the alliance with Uncle Lucy. Though no one would link my given name with The-Boy-Who-Lived, they would all be looking for a 'Harry James Potter'.

"As I have already stated my name is Hadrian Alexander Potter Black, or as all of you would know me, Harry James Potter". This seemed to be the statement that caused the most ruckus and broke through the mask of the most member as they openly gape at me, all sense of decorum evaporated. Although Dumbles' expression was probably the most comical, here was the weapon he had paid to groom into the perfect weapon and martyr, standing tall and proud looking nothing like he had been proclaiming to the public for a decade.

This is when the Minister seemed to intervene, "Mr Potter, dear boy, what are you saying? Is that truly you? What are you doing here? We were all led to believe that you were being cared for in a stronghold in the Muggle world", he glared lightly at Dumbledore when he rapid fired these questions. This seemed interesting, Fudge seemed to be already slightly against Dumbledore, maybe he could make a proper Minister out of him yet.

"Good morning, Minister Fudge, how wonderful to meet you in person, it is my pleasure to finally speak with you", I said, smiling politely. Fudge seemed to visibly preen at the attention of their 'Saviour' and replied enthusiastically. "The pleasure's all mine, my boy. It truly is wonderful to meet you, at last. Maybe we could speak later, in private" he frowned at Dumbles once again as he said this.

Dumbledore seemed like he was going to interrupt, so I spoke over him once more and replied, "Of course Minister, I would love to speak with you in a more private setting and answer all your questions". I didn't want Dumbledore to know anything and to be kept in the dark about as much as possible for as long as possible.

"Now to get back on track, as you all must have worked out by now the Heirs who entered the chamber with me, and I, are still ten years old. Thus, as you all know, we have taken up our places a year earlier than usual. The reason for this is me, as I am the Head of House and need to fill on the seats I will not be able to as I am not yet of age. Thus I have decided to nominate proxies for my various seats, and I don't just mean the Potter and Black seats". This earned him many curious looks and many not-so-subtle jealous stares from several Dumbledore fans.

"Firstly the Potter seat, I-", but before I could continue Dumbles was the one to interrupt this time. "Harry, my boy, I don't think that is necessary. As your Magical guardian, I have already taken my place as your proxy for the Potter seat and will become proxy of any other seats you may hold. It is not a problem, my boy. Now. Why don't you come with me so we can go back to your home" he said, using that disgusting grandfatherly tone with that god-awful twinkle in his eyes.

Until now I had been speaking quite politely, but once he said those wretched words, my face reverts to the original mask and my voice become completely emotionless, with hints of the fury I was holding in. "Chief Warlock, with all due respect, you're not my magical guardian and never was". At this, he looked slightly panicked and started to say something but I cut him off, "And yes, I know that the Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is the Magical Guardian of all Muggle-born and Muggle-raised witches and wizards, but, that is only when they start attending Hogwarts. As I Have one more year before I attend the prestigious institution, you have no legal rights over me".

I glared at him some more, my voice getting colder and rage started to show. "And you have no legal rights over the Potter seat as I never appointed you as proxy neither were you ever my guardian in any way, shape or form. Thus, all the votes you made using my seat are illegal votes and should be revisited to check for any amendments that might have to be made". At this, his face drained of colour, Fudge and Uncle Lucy seemed especially smug.