14 Another demigod hurtling In the air. Godsends? Literally.

Everything was going pretty well until Dew started to have trouble with his horses. It soon became apparent to me why. Natasha was whispering things to the horses so they ran into each other and bumped their heads.

"Hey! Not cool Nat! Mind your own horses!" He shouted as he pulled the reigns with full force. Nat just smirked. When friends become opponents, things get dirty.

Annabel on our right was also talking to our horses, making them collide with Nat's. Ugh, curse the horse-whisperers.

All these commands confused the horses, and they finally responded to Dew's commands and surged ahead with a spurt of speed. Alright.

We ended up next to the Nike twins. They hissed and snarled at us. Dew decided this wasn't a good waiting spot. He surged further ahead the race course. Now we were next to the Stoll brothers, from the Hermes cabin. I bet their chariot was filled with traps and pranks of all sorts. Travis Stoll, the defender slashed at me. I never got why the person who fought was called defenders. All he did was attack.

I parried his strike and dodged another one. "Dew try and move ahead his chariot is doing something weird."

"Trying!"

The chariots wheel's center opened up to reveal a hole out of which a hook attached to a rope shot out. It grabbed our wheel. The chariot lurched, nearly breaking all my bones in the process. I bent down at a dangerous position and slashed the rope off. The Stoll chariot halted and stumbled over a rock. We left the twins in dirt and chariot-wreckage.

Next up were two Aphrodite girls. I recognized the driver as Maya, the talkative girl and the other as Drew Tanaka, the head camper for the time-being.

They both shot me dazzling smiles which I was unable to return.

"Hey guys how's it going?" Drew asked us brightly.

"It's going well, thanks." Dew responded.

"Stop your chariot, won't you?" She asked sweetly. To my utter disbelief, Andrew obliged. I kicked his back. "OUCH! Sorry! It's charm-speak!" He started the chariot again.

During this confusion Drew struck at our chariot wheels. Andrew managed to forge ahead before she could, though.

Tim and Bell pulled up next to us now. Bell grinned evilly at me. Oh no. Send help.

She pressed a shiny button beside her. The chariot produced razor sharp blades that struck madly at our creation as if it were bananas in a blender.

"Ha! Beat that suckers!" Tim called out as he steered his horses.

"Alright, if you say so," our chariot also had its share. of thingamabobs. I clicked the lever next to me. An electric force-field instantly formed around the chariot, courtesy of Dew. The blades stopped slashing in fear of getting electrocuted. Bell grumbled and barked at her horses to surge forward. They shot off at a godly speed.

For a few minutes, we drove without much obstruction, not-including the squirrel that kept chittering towards us.

Then, as if we hadn't already had enough, Natasha and Skye picked up speed. Skye smiled at us. "I'm sorry!" She said happily. She flicked two fingers and two dead zombies popped out of the ground. They used their bony hands to slow down our chariot. Andrew managed to zap them with electricity, but I could tell his energy was draining out pretty fast.

Skye said, "Yay!" And their chariot raced ahead.

Two Ares kids were up next. Two huge fellas that could squash either of us to pulp within two seconds. I zipped up my newly attained hoodie.