Brewing With You

Upon entering Tim Hortons, the smell of the brewed coffee was lingering through my nose.

"Good morning, what can I get you for today?" Asked the cashier behind the counter.

"One cold brew please," I answered back while nipping my lips.

The cashier punched my order and suddenly stopped and watch me thoughtfully.

"Cold brew?" Watching me with one of her brows raised. "Not your usual café mocha... Well, I guess people changed overtime," she said shrugging. "One cold brew coming right up," she shouted.

As I walked through the café, I suddenly stopped my tracks realizing that a tear has left my eye.

"Why can't I stop coming here and just forget everything?" Those words keep ringing in my head as I continued walking to the booth.

"This place is hopeless," I mumbled upon seeing many couples flirting around, when suddenly a familiar figure walked pass and made remember everything.

Flashback

"Hey, Priscilla!"
"Alex!" I jumped with joy realizing that Alex is here hanging out with me today. "How are you? How are things?"

"Still same as usual. Why the invite though?" He asked making his way to the booth in front of me.

Little did he know the real reason behind my invitation.

"Well, it's been forever since we last saw each other." I said with a powerful glint in my eyes.

"Okay, okay," he answered, while laughing and that made me smile.

I do adore him a lot, in fact I love him, but don't have the courage to say so, since I don't want to mess with our friendship.

But f*ck with just being friends.

"I'll order for us first because we have a lot of things to talk about." He said while giving me a forced smile.

What is this? I am getting rejected right off the bat?

"I got you, oh... I guess it's here." I said while getting up to get the orders.

"So..." We both said at the same time. I've never seen him this nervous.

"Uhm... Cold brew?" He said with a grin.

"Cold brew. Your favorite. Right?" He chuckled and nod.

He's so gorgeous.

Suddenly silence filled Tim Hortons and all I can feel is the sweat dripping in my palms while holding the cup, while Alex mixed his drink with his straw.

I need to break this effin' silence.

When I look up he was directly gazing resulting for both of us to stare at each others eye and talk at the same time.

"I'm in love with you..." I blurted out.

"I'm dying..." he said.

I was in shock when I heard his confession. That was lame for me confessing like that.

"You must be joking!" "You must be joking." We shouted together.

While I said with a gasp, he said those words with a smile.

"Wow, hearing a confession like that is so amazing knowing this is my last day on earth, I couldn't be any more happier" he said smiling while looking up the ceiling with a tear escaping his eye.

That's when it hit me, Alex was so thin behind his winter jacket, he's pale as fck and he looks weak.

"No." The words escape my mouth with a tear in my eye.

"Thank you for loving me, "he said with a beautiful smile.

End of flashback.

"Alex!" I called.

But when the man turned around, it suddenly hit me.

"Are you talking to me miss?" asked the guy.

"Sorry, I thought your Alex." I stated and run outside of Tim Hortons.

Wow. I can't believe how much I miss him. 

How much time flies when you're gone my Alex.

-END-