X | Aftermath & Camping Trip.

Start from the beginning

Still no sight of Alex.

I enter the bus first, getting the nastiest looks from people. I'm sure they heard the voice recording.

But, do I ultimately give a fuck?

No.

"Partner time! Class, I'll make an exception for this trip and the partners will not be assigned. You can choose who you want to be your partner. You will have to stay with them and share a suite with them, so it's important to stay together." She explained.

Five minutes after, everyone is seated next to their partner except for me and some others.

"Dominique, you wanna be my partner?" A nice boy asked.

"Su–"

"You can't, she's my partner." Ah, so the devil arrived.

"Mr. Carter, you made it just on time." Alex put the two luggages where they were supposed to be, and sat beside me.

"Okay everyone, let's go!" The teacher instructed for the driver to start the trip to the camping site. It's gonna take up about six hours to get there.

"Why did you pack two luggages?" I asked.

"One is yours, stupid."

"How?" I asked, genuinely confused.

"I left earlier to go pack your shit because I didn't feel like waking you up." He shrugged.

"How did you even know what to pack?" I raised my eyebrow.

"I packed some pad thingys, medicine, clothes, a towel, snacks, underwear, plan B's, accessories, a few sho-"

"Did you say Plan B!?" I whispered. He smirked and nodded.

"Damn right." He winked.

"We're on a camping trip!"

"So?"

"Give that Plan B to one of your little hoes the bus." I rolled my eyes and faced the window, irritated.

"Gosh, way to ruin the mood," He rolled his eyes. "Fine, I'll stop." I faced back to him.

"There's nothing to do on this boring ass ride." I complained.

"Rock, Paper, Scissors." Alex suggested.

"No."

"How many hours did you sleep?" I asked him.

"Two or three max." He yawned.

"Two or three!? You need to sleep, Alex." I narrowed my eyes into his, as they were red cracks in his eyes, showing lack of sleep.

"I'm fine." He lied.

"Sleep." This time he didn't even hesitate and put his head on my lap.

"Alex?" I called.

Fast asleep.

As much as I hate him, I think it was cute how he missed sleep to pack my suitcase.