Rosebuds

You got to the garden around lunch, you brought your basket with a few snacks. He wasn't there so you assumed he'd arrive later. You found a tree that provided a lot of shade. It seemed like a really nice place to rest while you wait for Seto.

Before you could drift off to sleep you heard two men talking. Their footsteps getting closer and closer. You got scared and decided to hide in the entrance of the maze. Hopefully they were passersby's and wouldn't hurt any part of the garden. You listened as they got closer.

"I'm glad you've taken my advice in relaxing, Kaiba." One guy said. He was kinda flamboyant in the way he talked.

"Yes, but this would be more relaxing if you didn't follow me." The other said. It sounded like Seto.

Maybe you should call Seto, Mr.Kaiba. You didn't know him that well and didn't want to be rude. You kept listening to their conversation.

"Are you meeting someone here? A lover?" The flamboyant guy asked.

"No. I just prefer to be here alone." He said.

Oof. You were probably ruining that for him too. He did ask you to come today though. Maybe he wanted help with the flowers. You did know some stuff about flowers.

"A little defensive, so you are meeting a lover?" The guy teased.

"I am not!" He yelled.

You laughed a bit and covered your mouth. They definitely heard that. You cursed to whatever god was listening. You heard one walk over to your hiding place.

"I knew you were lying." The guy said.

A guy with long white hair popped his head into the entrance of the maze. He scared the shit out of you, and you jumped back with a scream. You lost your footing and fell flat on your ass. He just laughed at you.

"Looks like I found a little bird in your garden, Kaiba." He exclaimed.

He looked you up and down and walked in all the way. You were still on the ground. He held a hand out for you and you took it. He lifted you up.

"So who are you to Mr.Kaiba?" He asked.

"Uhh... we just met yesterday." You said. You looked around nervously for a way out.

Kaiba came in after him. He looked pissed. You stared at him and then at the man in front of you. He didn't let go of your hand.

"My name is Maximillion Pegasus." Then he then kissed your hand. "So, what should I call you little bird?" He asked.

You just stared at him and then to Kaiba. What the fuck was going on?? You kinda wanted to laugh. What fucking romance novel did this guy walk out of?

"Please don't flirt with my guest." He said. His voice lowered and it was more demanding.

His tone scared you a little and you backed away from both of them. They both noticed.

"Look, you scared her." Pegasus said.

Kaiba just glared at Pegasus. "It's time for you to leave." He demanded.

Pegasus just shrugged. "Have fun love birds." He said as he left. As he made his way out, he winked at you. You made a disgusted face. What was with that guy? At least Kaiba made him leave.

Kaiba turned to you. "I'll make sure he leaves." He said and left after Pegasus.

As you heard them leaves you went back out into the garden. You walked back to the tree and laid down by it. What a weird way to start off your day. You stretched out a bit. The sun and the small breeze flowing felt good. You felt yourself drift off.

You woke up some time later. Some fallen leaves had covered you. You looked to your side and saw Seto sitting next to you reading a book. You were tempted to go back to the dream world, but he saw you open your eyes.

"Are you awake yet?" He asked.

"Yes." You answered, your voice cracking. You stirred around a bit to wake yourself up more. You rolled over to where you were on your stomach.

"I'm sorry for my acquaintance. I didn't want him to follow me here, but he insisted. I didn't think you'd be here yet" He said.

"It's fine. Sometimes you need interesting characters in your life. Just to add a little excitement to the day." You said.

He huffed at that. You laid your head on your arms and looked up at him. He looked really cute with sleep still stuck on your eyes. A little dreamy. You closed your eyes.

You felt him tap your head with his book. "Don't fall back asleep, I have questions to ask." He said.

You lazily swatted at the book on your head. "I'm awake. Ask away." You said.

"How did you get in here?" He asked.

You pointed towards the area where you usually get in. "There's a small tunnel that leads into the woods."

He nodded silently as he looked over at that area. "How often do you plan to visit this place?" He asked.

"Hmm." You thought out loud. "Probably as often as I need flowers. Or maybe when I need somewhere to escape to."

He looked over at you. "Escape?"

You sat up abruptly. "My turn to ask questions!" You exclaimed. You wanted to avoid that question.

"You said this place was technically abandoned, what do you mean by that?" You asked.

"The people that lived here, don't live here anymore and it belongs to me now." He said.

"Okay. How often do you visit here?" You asked.

"Almost everyday now." He said it kind of solemnly.

"Is everything okay?" You asked.

"It's my turn to ask questions." He interrupted. Looks like he's not the only one that wants to avoid questions.

"Will you be here tomorrow?" He asked.

"Do you want me back tomorrow?" You asked and rolled onto your back.

"I don't mind your presence here. Just don't become a troublesome." He said as he buried his head back into his book.

You giggled to yourself. That was a yes and you knew it. You sat up and looked around. You spotted a bush. You went over to it and picked some flowers. You came back over to Seto. He looked up at you as you stood over him. You places some of the flowers in his hair.

"What's this?" He asked.

"Just thought these could help you. They also compliment you." You said.

He buried his face back into his book. You smiled at yourself and went back to lazing off under the tree. You swore you saw him blush but whatever. Right now a nap felt good.