She pointed to another group of people but I was no longer paying attention as someone caught my eye. He leaned forward on the table as he captivated his surrounding peers, each one of them listening intently. He ran a hand through his hair, giving his audience the same lazy smile he had given me before. "Who is that?" I interrupted whatever Tenshi was saying. I needed to know his name. I just needed to know.

I didn't take my eyes off him as Tenshi spoke. "Oh dear goodness, please tell me you are not talking about the guy in the red hoodie."

I could hear the disappointment in her voice but I didn't care. I needed to know his name, even if that was all I'd ever know about him, I just needed to know. I couldn't explain why, I just did.

"That's the one," I answered.

She groaned. "That's Ryder Adams."

Ryder Adams. Ryder Adams. His name is Ryder Adams.

Tenshi continued, "Remember how I said that all people suck?"

I returned my attention to her, nodding.

"Yeah, well some people suck more than others and he is one of them. Ryder Adams is the vain of my existence. My only job in life is to make sure he is as unhappy as can be."

I scrunched my nose, the corner of my eyebrow raising. "He can't be that bad."

"You're right. He is much worse." She leaned in, as if to alert me to the severity of the matter. "Ryder Adams and I have been trying to destroy each other since grade school."

I turned my gaze back to him. Tenshi snapped her fingers in front of my face. "If you know what's good for you, you'll stay away from him. He's trouble and will do nothing but tear you apart. Destroying people is his only motive to keep living. That guy can make hell feel like home."

I stared at her, amazed by how firm she was on the subject. That guy can make hell feel like home. "What's that supposed to mean?"

She understood my question immediately. "It means, he can make your life a living nightmare and make you feel like that's your safe Haven. He can make you feel safe even as he's ripping you apart"

I took in every sincere word she said. "You speak from experience?"

She didn't get a chance to answer as a random girl sat down at the table. "Girl! You are not going to believe it," she spoke, "there's this new guy and oh my goodness, Tenshi, I have never seen a better looking man."

Tenshi showed the closest to a smile I had ever seen come from her lips. "Bea," she turned to me, making me supposed that was my new nickname.

A nickname. She had already given me a nickname. I smiled softly to myself,

"This is Nilambari but you can call her Nila."

I gave my best attempt at a greeting, waving hi at the girl. She grinned in reciprocation. "Hi!"

Nila continued on with her discussion of the cute boy. "A couple of us girls are playing a game, you in?" She questioned Tenshi.

"Depends on the game."

She perked up. "Alright so, rumor says that he has this lunch with us. First one to get his number and call him wins."

A second girl joined the table and all I wanted to do was run and hide. There were too many people here.

"What's up?" She greeted, her black hair swaying down to waist.

Tenshi didn't look at her, keeping her gaze on the wall.