;27 this is me trying

december 24th, 1978

december 24th, 1978.
XANDRA'S APARTMENT
-
"they told me all of my cages were mental, so i got wasted like all my potential. and my words shoot to kill when i'm mad, i have a lot of regrets about that."

•••

cw: alcohol dependence, and panic attacks. kind of a heavy chapter, basically represents the song for it.

Rhiannon had been staying with Xandra for almost three weeks now and had skipped school. At this point she didn't care if she got expelled, in fact, she hoped she would. It would make everything easier, just running away from your problems. Xandra was at work most of the week, so Rhiannon was alone most of the time.

She had been drinking, a lot. Xandra could tell she was using that to cope and wanted to say some, but she knew Rhiannon. She would push it to the side and say she's 'fine. Xandra could see how horrible she was doing, I mean with what Rhiannon's been through she doesn't blame her.

Her eye bags were getting worse, she would sleep in, alcohol was always on her breath, she wasn't trying to get better at all. They had hardly spoken unless it's to watch a movie, and Jules would come over from time to time and try to make her happier. But that never worked.

"Rhiannon, hey!" Xandra shook Rhiannon awake, who turned back to her in the bed and peeped her eyes open. Her mascara was running down her face, she must've cried last night, "I made us breakfast, come to the kitchen." She softly advised.

Xandra left the room as Rhiannon stood up and limped to the bathroom, barfing up all the booze she drank last night. She had gotten used to it at this point. The way it burned her throat, her head throbbing in the morning, feeling sick all the time.

She flushed the toilet, looking up at her dull-faced self in the mirror. She looked horrible than ever and knew that. She felt even worse than she looked, and was getting drunk so she could just forget for a minute.

Rhiannon felt bad, just leaving everyone with no explanation. She knew that they would miss her, and she missed everyone but she'd be back soon. Hopefully. She splashed her face with water and then walked to the kitchen to see a plate with eggs, toast, and bacon.

The two sisters ate in silence, they both didn't know what to talk about. Tomorrow was Christmas, Rhiannon's least favorite holiday. She never got gifts, and now it just reminded her of her dad. "Mom wants to talk to you tomorrow."

"Is she mad at me?" Rhiannon asked, worried. She hadn't spoken to her mom since last November when her mother said that she had was "getting better".

"No, not at all. Just worried." Xandra told her. Worried? Rhiannon never got along with her mom well either, they would always find something to squabble about. Xandra and Rhiannon both finished their food, and Rhiannon got a cigarette out "Can we watch West Side Story?"