{11} Perfume

9/10 Great

This book by piratekween is such a beautiful story omg

This book by piratekween is such a beautiful story omg.. I don't have many soft books in my lists but the ones i have are sooo freaking beautiful i can't.

This book was recommended by a friend of mine (who recommended most of the books i read in the beginning until i surpassed her in the quantity of books we finished, nyahahaha) and you don't know how thankful i am.

This book is overly soft and emotional but the backrounds and fates of some characters are hard and painful. There is nothing too graphic but it can still be triggering to some people.

The book is about San and the family his grandmother created with and for him. She raised his grandchild like her own son and San loves her with all he has and even more he loves her big and kind heart that led them to the family they now have. His grandmother took in 6 foster kids and they have a strong bond with each other and feel like real brothers to san, they are happy even tho it is actually saddening why they got to be a family. That was always a fact that made me cry.. just the fact a grandmother has to raise her grandson and her other kids are all from foster homes what means they lost their own familys in some ways and yet they are happy and thankful.. this warms my heart.

It starts with the new foster brother his grandmother takes in even tho she doesn't have that space and didn't planned to take in another but that boy seems to have some tragic backround and her heart can't let the boy sleep on the streets.

With that, Jung Wooyoung finds his way into their life but he is broken and you can see it with every breath he takes..

The story itself is extremely emotional.. but the way it's written or just the knowledge of the whole situation behind everything made me choke up all the time.. The author is great in portraying the characters, their thoughts, their point of view to the world, their way of dealing with emotions and struggles with their lives. You can easily sympathize with them.

The basic concept sounds like a cliché lovestory but there is so much depth to it.. (i start tearing up... damn. i really love this book and might reread it soon)

The way the characters struggle with themselves yet looking out for one another. The way these broken souls thought for so long they were lost yet they find a way back. The way an innocent and pure emotion like love manages to break the cage that were built by oneself a long time ago and finally frees the one from the endless suffering.

And the fact the story isn't overly dramatic or too much.. No, it's simple and soft but exactly that makes it so perfect, so beautous. It's nothing overly unique, nothing overly exciting or deep...

It is innocent, soft, pure... and heartwarming. You should definitely read this one!!!