Chapter 10 Desire

(👑Carmen's P.O.V)

Her name is Eira a soul from another world, it makes sense too her soul is so clean and free of desire this world has to offer her.

It's disturbing how empty it is, even a person like Priest Harrington wants something... like being alive to see my successor.

Is it that she was so attached to her other world- family, loved ones? Even if she misses them it's impossible for her to return.

I won't let go of her.

Threatening to send them to the dungeons, I head to my palace instructing guards to be posted around the bedroom adjacent to mine. I can't have him steal her away from under my eyes, though for now I place her on my bed.

Requesting the attendance of my nanny now headmaid, I order her to clean and change her into suitable clothing for resting. With a divider hiding my view of her indecency, I supervise from afar making my bloodlust apparent in case the maids so much as try to touch her inappropriately.

"If there are any rumours about a woman being found in the emperors bedroom circulating around, I'll know who to kill."

***
Helio lying in a bundle on the bed, with the glow of his lustrous fur that reflected in the dim lighting. It purred deeply in response to his rough hand that skimmed against his small body.

Lying down revealing the taut chest through the torn shirt, he looked at the woman greedily mentally tracing the supple skin and feather like lashes. Her full lips which looked like they had been painted with rouge, he couldn't help but to swipe his thumb against her moist lips with fascination.

Placing loose strands behind her ears, his fingers accidentally brushed against her eyelashes causing her to turn facing towards him.

'What would they taste like?'

Suppressing the ravenous feeling in his heart and the swelling of his lower abdomen, he gently held the small boneless hand and pressed his lips against the back of it. Like a fiend he sniffed the icy fragrance on her with vigour, breathing deeply as his eyes darkened with lust. Her body that smelled refreshing like a northern wind, yet fragrant and sweet with the hint of Jasmine.

Lips almost touching her ear, he happily watched how his hair tangled with her own and whispered softly with a sigh.

"Your sleeping so peacefully, yet you have no idea how I'm being seduced so blatantly by you."

"Will there be many sleepless nights? You can only blame yourself for choosing to save the life of a dying beast, even if you see it in the shape of a human."

"You can only be mine."

***
Except for his majesty and the head priest, no one was allowed entry into her bedroom. Which had changed over the course of a week into something rather spectacular.

Most furniture had been removed from the room except for the large four-poster bed, where Eira slumbered with her eyes closed. Ice thickly coated the four corners of the room, even the blanket which she was laying in had a thin layer over it. Making the room look as if it was made entirely out of diamonds, the light that entered from the balcony making it particularly dazzling with a celestial beauty.

Head Priest Harrington glanced at the gorgeous face, vowing to protect her as the destined saviour that would help to guard their empire. Unfortunately, she had never used her divine power so intricately that it had caused her to faint.

However, he was certain that she would soon wake up, the emperor was becoming more irate and his anger led him to the point that his sword would swing freely.

Checking her pulse, he didn't linger for long and turned to leave. A strong tug on his wide sleeves, making him turn his head without thought.

"Where... am I?"

Her face looking at him unclearly as tears spilled out the corner of her eyes, like a frightened child awakened from a terrible nightmare.

"Lady Eira!"