Chapter 6 Envoys

The throne was quiet, Grand Duke Frederick with a grim look on his face staring quietly at the sharp gaze of his majesty: Carmen Alder Blythe.

"As a result of your teenage exploits your majesty, the Empire of the rising sun and crescent moon have no intention of responding to the invitation."

"Count Poli said that the treasury was only half filled at the time." 

Unlike any emperor before him, dressed in dark clothes a unsheathed sword placed on his lap. Reflecting the beastly green eyes and the extravagant red hair that spilled down his shoulders like blood.

The culture of the empire which instils in its people is that the body should be cared for without exceptions, within their means, as it is made individually by god.

Only The Emperor and women are to keep their hair waist length and well maintained, which is considered a status symbol.

"You announced Count Poli as a traitor and killed him in front of your vassals, your majesty." Reminding him of his latest endeavours.

"It was revealed that during that time he was in fact embezzling money with the instruction from Empress Amina... who wanted to send you to death."

Being informed he reiterated what was said to him by his majesties Secretary, Duke Bradley's second son Marquess Cecil who is just about able to get along with his majesties wrath.

"They said if the Elves who were sent to die in the inhabited regions of the north don't attend the banquet to maintain the treaty." He frowned at the foreseeable problems.
"Why should they?"

"Well then just send them an invitation to the next war." He said nonchalantly.

"Your Majesty!" Marquess Cecil huffed flapping a piece of paper in his hand.

In contrast, the emperor simply leaned down onto his elbow with a smile.

Wondering what else was going on with the nobles who scurried around his feet, eating up his food that he dropped like rats.

"Queen Danae of The Demetrian Forest has responded and will be sending the Prince and Princess for the conference."

"Demetrian Forest?" He looked stunned, remembering something from his childhood.

"Don't tell me Grand Duke you actually believe that you actually met some sort of sprite or spirit in the winter woods?"

Coughing a little flustered, Grand Duke Frederick looked a little stunned. "Your majesty you jest- of course it was real, I still remember that moment as clear as day."

"Ha! Your naivety makes me laugh." His voice without a tremor of emotion.

"What about the call for healers in churches around the Kingdom?"

"The best of the best will be employed into the palace and will work under Priest Harrington." His Secretary Cecil quickly answered, his heart beating fast with the uncomfortable pressure his majesty was exuding.

"If were doing this, just do it properly." He said not really caring of the outcome, "The peace treaty isn't our priority... the meeting is adjourned."

"Your Majesty." Bowing before being led out by a servant.

***
"His majesty is becoming more irritable as days go by, he killed may be 30 maids last week?",He said confused as to what to do because of the kings unceasing temper.

"How many of them were Assassins Marquess?" The Grand Duke asked with curiosity, having no interest whatsoever in the throne.

"Around 20 of them." Slapping down the documents on to his desk. "That's not the problem... it's his majesties marriage- How am I supposed to handle the various factions that are pressuring to introduce various ladies to his majesty."

"Night maids?" He laughed awkwardly.

"Never mind that- he almost strangled a viscounts daughter, Lady Leah, because she leaned over towards him in the last banquet."

"Just tell them to refer directly to his majesty about such intimate things." He shrugged indifferently with a smile. "His majesty is only a year older than me."

Laughing awkwardly, he ignored the angry glare from Secretary Cecil and smirked about seeing his 10 year old sister this afternoon.

That's right Duchess Sylvia survived and later had a daughter Charlotte Rose Heinrich, the beloved princess of their duchy.

Also he has a fairly decent relationship with the emperor, his mother a close friend to the former empress. Acting as a tranquilliser able to fully understand his majesties emotions, without even listening to a single word.

"I'd prefer if the treaty can continue to be withheld, so we must take extra caution when it comes to the treatment of the Elves." The Grand Duke said making a final statement.

"It's best if the emperor has less communication with the Prince, we don't want to start a fight right off the bat."

"After all we don't know what things the Elves have been hiding these years."