Chapter 25: Rescue

Start from the beginning

"I'm ready," the Doctor claimed and stepped back to join Tomura and Dabi along the wall of the tight room. The Doctor grasped the dial and turned it all the way to the max. (Y/n)'s chest tightened, air unable to enter or leave, icicles sprouted from every inch of her body like a human porcupine and she collapsed! Her body flinched and flailed. A foaming at the mouth. Were they frying her from the inside out!?

Dabi was already on edge by this display, but once (Y/n) fought everything the best she could to give him a pleading 'Help!' with tear filled eyes that rolled back into her skull, he had officially broken his mental binds. How are these bastards okay with this? "Quit smiling you sick fucks!" Dabi snatched the remote and panicked for a second till he collected himself and stopped the torture. The icicles protruding from (Y/n)'s body retracted leaving her to tremble and shake, gasping for air while wet coughs fought her lungs and crimson sputtered from her mouth to the tile below.

(Y/n) rolled herself over, propping herself upon her hands and knees all to cough blood upon the tiled flooring. "Wha-What did you do to me!?" She hissed. "D-Did you do stuff to me while I slept?"

He forced her to use her quirk... Dabi thought in a daze. When did he... How? How is he able to do this? I've been here since minute one. He never did surgery on her yet he did this to her? Tonight... It has to be tonight.

"Because you failed to do as I asked, you give me this?" Shigaraki grimaced. The Doctor smiled in satisfaction. Is Shigaraki pleased or disappointed? "Better than nothing. I can use this as leverage," Shigaraki chuckled darkly and squats down before (Y/n)'s trembling frame. The tail of his coat collected upon the ground. "As soon as you're healthy again, you're coming with me," he looked down upon her. "Now that you're my puppet, the plan is just that much easier."

"Shove that plan of yours up your ass!"

An icicle shot up from the ground, right for Shigaraki. He jumped out of harm's way just in time, almost as if it wasn't of any difficulty. Another icicle, then another. The last one, Shigaraki didn't flinch in the slightest and held out a singular hand. The icicle should've impaled him, but instead it melted upon contact within a ghostly purple mist. "Try your best, you can't touch me," Shigaraki fixed his coat and threw up his hood. "Dabi... Clean up the mess and warm her up. We'll get the frostbite removed as soon as she's healthy enough to undergo amputation."

It's true... My fingertips are black. I can't feel a thing. They'll have to be removed...

"Just get outta my face," Dabi hissed and came to (Y/n)'s aid. The Doctor and Shigaraki fled the room in satisfaction and conversed over future plans.

The doctor took his leave... With the many vials of blood he stole. Upon his exit, (Y/n)'s harsh exterior fled like a bird in the winter. The teenager's body collapsed onto the cold tiled floor. Her body was stripped of its energy. Just trying to use her quirk anymore was draining on top of the lack of blood and fuel in the tank. "At this point... I don't care..." A tear fled her eye, but it froze just seconds after it's release. Dabi sat back and listened to her succumb to defeat carefully. He's never seen or heard her feel let alone sound defeated. She's finally given up. "I wish I wasn't born with this quirk... I wish Shoto never got me out of the ice..." More tears were shed. "I'm staying strong but... Where are you? Why is nobody trying to save me? Does anybody know I'm missing?" Silence. "I'm talking to you too... Touya... You know I'm helpless here."

Dabi pulled (Y/n)'s body close and allowed his hellish warmth to work it's magic on the living ice cube. "If I were you... I would've given in well before now," the man admits with his heartless attitude as always. He's always been more of a pessimist than anything. "Your spirit... It's because you've held out so long that I haven't left you for dead. Because why in the hell would I be risking my neck so badly for my brother's girlfriend?" (Y/n) stared up at him with a faint hope. It brought him back to reality. "I can't answer any of your questions though..." He cleared his throat. "I told Shoto not to bother looking for you and you know that. But where is he? I have no fucking clue. I can't get him to answer his cell but no matter what... You're leaving, tonight," Dabi claimed.