Chapter 25: Rescue

Start from the beginning

(Y/n) clenched and unclenched her hands over and over. The vibrations refuse to cease no matter what. This feeling... Why is it so familiar? What did he do to me? (Y/n) began to fear for the worst. Her dreams... That's why this electrical static sensation in her hands was so bothersome. She vividly remembers feeling as if her arms had been blown off in her lucid reoccurring dreams before the kidnapping. Wait... So the dreams haven't come true yet? When she was kidnapped initially, that must've not been it. The blood, the fire, this painful feeling. It's all coming true now.

Dabi saw all the conflicting emotions on (Y/n)'s face morph from one into the other. Anger, dread, sadness... It was all there. "I don't think this is a good idea..." Dabi spoke up. "What exactly did you do to her? Why is she acting that way?"

"I never said I perfected the product," the Doctor admits without a care. She was his test subject after all. "If she dies, she dies. I can always bring her back like I did Kurogiri."

"Kuro-" Dabi choked. Since when did Kurogiri die? Kurogiri used to be in (Y/n)'s position? Is Kurogiri even his name? "So that's why him and Hood look so similar..." Their eerie yellow illuminated eyes, their inhumane strength, their cloud like exteriors. They're both connected, one in the same.

"You still haven't explained what's going on..." Shigaraki hissed.

"Just watch... After I run one last test. Tomura, you paid a visit at the worst time." the doctor approached (Y/n) with a syringe at the ready.

(Y/n) hugged her arm into her chest. How much blood does this man need? (Y/n)'s forearms weren't even (skin color) anymore but black with bruises galore. What does taking blood do to help with, well, anything? She would lash out, but she's already done so a million times since Shigaraki sent her here. Each time, this doctor came out with at most a few scratches. Her fingertips were raw, frozen, unable to move. Most likely frostbitten speaking from experience. "Bastard," (Y/n) seethed. "You won't answer any of my questions! I've been cooperative for the most part! I thought I was supposed to be part of some 'Master Plan' not your test monkey."

"You're my subject until Tomura needs you... In which he's here to pay a visit if you can't tell," the doctor simply hummed. He released (Y/n)'s wrist in disgust. Oh how he prefers working with deceased individuals over (Y/n). At least they were obedient, can't do a thing to fight back. Of course (Y/n) had to be a living subject, and one he's not supposed to kill on accident either as she's not spendable in Shigaraki's eyes. The Doctor's opposite hand held a syringe of crimson he'd just extracted from the girl's veins. "It's been nearly two weeks... I normally awaken quirks by now," with an adjustment, the man's green tinted goggles narrowed in on (Y/n) and all she could do was glare.

"Now answer the rest..." (Y/n) allowed her hands to glitter with blue. "I might've let you take my blood, but I WILL damage my body further if I don't get any answers."

The man knew this for a fact or else she wouldn't have let her body go as far as it did. "After you serve your purpose... You'll be fused with others like yourself. That's why I need your quirk to awaken. Only when you're a prime specimen will we go forward with our plans."

Fused? Awakening? "And what does it mean to awaken my quirk? I still don't get why it's so vital for you..."

"To awaken your quirk is, much like the name, to awaken the full potential of your quirk. Under mentally and physically straining circumstances, a quirk will awaken. You've undergone both, so the lack of awakening concerns me..."

"Yeah no shit..." She cursed. The doctor was correct (Y/n) couldn't help but to agree. Why hasn't my quirk awakened? I've been on the brink of death for weeks now. This jackass takes so much blood out of me I pass out nearly every time, I'm barely fed, I'm always just shy of freezing to death with Dabi's short visits keeping me from slipping away. Mentally, I'm alone, my family is supposed to die any day now, Shoto could be dead as far as I know. It's a miracle I haven't died or awakened my quirk by now. Once it does happen... I'm gonna slaughter each and every person in the League of Villains...