"So we are keep being told." Valerie finished.

"We have no choice then." The head said.

"Neither do we." Geralt said and Valerie stabbed the leader in the chest with her knife and give it a good twist. The bandits got ready with their weapons and started to attack them, a crossbow came at Valerie but Geralt blocked it with his sword, turning around Valerie threw the knife at the crossbow bandit and it ended up in his head. She ran up to the child as Geralt fight with other bandits, she attack the bandits who came towards her. She cut the rope free from the girl's hands. 

"Listen, run in the forest, you will find our horses there. Wait there." Valerie said.

"I can't, I am scared." the girl said. Valerie turned to her left and casted Aard spell on the incoming bandits from her left making them fly back and land hard on the ground. She turn to the child once again.

"I know its scary darling, but you have to go you're parents are waiting for you." Valerie said caressing the child's cheek.

"Go, we're right after you." Valerie said, the girl finally nodded and took of running in the forest. Valerie turn back to the fight and ran up to Geralt. They connected their backs as they were now surrounded by almost ten to thirteen bandits. Both the Witchers gripped their swords and skillfully glided along killing every last of bandits in the camp. Once all the bandits were on ground the Witchers looked around. Valerie walked around removing her knifes from the bandits bodies as she used them to kill the one who attack from behind at Geralt and the girl. 

"Where's the girl?" Geralt asked. 

"She's safe, come on." Valerie said as she took her last knife out of the bandit's body and walking in the forest, Geralt followed as he grunted in annoyance, Valerie simply smiled without turning to him. They walked up to their horses and there the girl was, sitting by the tree. Once she saw the Witchers she sprang to her feet and ran up to them hugging Valerie. Valerie stumbled back a little with the unexpected greeting and smiled down at the girl as she pulled away. 

"I told you we were coming." Valerie said the girl smiled at her saviors.  

"Come on, time to go." Geralt said. Valerie helped the girl on her horse and sat behind the girl, they ride towards the village. It was dawn and they reached the village, the girl was united back with her parents and the Witchers got the money as they were promised. The girl hugged Valerie once more before they left.

 They were back in their inn. Valerie cleaned herself, her blades, got dressed and went downstairs for some food. She grabbed a plate of chicken, some bread and a tankard of ale. She sat opposite to Geralt in the corner of the room. Geralt was counting their coins and dividing them in two.

"Are they same as promised?" Valerie asked.

"Hmmm." he hummed in response. Valerie nodded as she munch on her food. Geralt slipped her share of coins towards her and put his in the small bag, Valerie did the same. 

"Any word form locals about the Paladins?" Geralt asked.

"No, neither on that Weeping Monk." Valerie replied munching on her food.

"Hmmm." he hummed again eating from her plate.

"Hey its my food, should've get your own." Valerie complained.

"I asked but, the man refused and I didn't argue either." he replied. Valerie sighed and pushed her plate towards Geralt, he happily munched on the food.

"I don't understand why people are so rude to you but not me?" Valerie asked sipping on her ale.

"Your hair." Geralt replied.

"Sorry what?" she asked.

"Your hair color stayed the same brown through the trial." Geralt replied.

"But my eyes are yellow." she said.

"Eyes don't catch direct attention of people but appearance do. That's why they call you woman warrior and not a Witcher as they do to me." he said.

"The world's just so mean." She mumbled. 

"It's alright Valerie, I've got used to it." Geralt said flashing a small smile at her.

"Hey my companions, herd you went on a bandit hunt without me." Jaskier asked sitting next to Valerie. Both Witchers turned to him, Geralt stopped smiling and gave him a stern look. 

"You were passed out drunk Jaskier." Valerie replied. 

"Really?" He asked.

"Yes, and we went at night, there was nothing to see because they were humans." She replied, she stood up and went to bar counter with her tankard of ale. Jaskier was about to follow her but Geralt stepped on his foot from under the table.

"Don't." Geralt said. Jaskier jumped and jerked the table a little, but remained sitting on his seat.

"Holy Geralt!" Jaskier whispered. Geralt kept eating his food and keeping Jaskier away from Valerie. 

Few days away the Weeping Monk stands at the familiar river bank, he kneels down and touch the blood on the stone mixed with water, he could smell the familiar scent of the Witcher and woman warrior, he looked up and around the area then to the forest. One of the Paladin brother approached him.

"What is it?" the paladin asked.

 "They were here." The monk replied.

"The bastards will be punished." the paladin said.

"And a man." The Weeping Monk said.

"A man? fey kind?" Asked the paladin.

"No. Human kind." The Weeping Monk replied.

"That's odd." The Paladin said. The Weeping didn't said a word but continued to track them, ignoring the comments his brother paladins passed. 

A/N:  Most of the storyline is based on my imagination, so I might have made few changes as compared to the TV shows. I apologize for that and please enjoy the book and let me know your thoughts in comments.