Shortly after the incident, the emperor had died. Some say the emperor died due to depression from the empress' death. Some also said the emperor died regretting executing the imperial concubine but many didnt believe it. The empress's family had come to power with the  young crown prince appointed as the new emperor. The left minister could do nothing but hide the truth as the truth would do no justice to him or anyone when the empress's family were in power.

After that, the emperor of yuan had come to conspire with the left minister to take back what was taken away from his xiao shu. The meticulously planned attack had come to fail, and the left minister was captured. Though there was no evidence of the left minister's alliance to them, they knew that now it was futile to wait around. They had to take action.

The war had commenced with the Yuan empire's army marching straight toward the Qu empire. As time was critical, the emperor had ordered general feng leng to lead the troops on the battlefield.

The strategies were all confirmed within the emperor's study. As it was late at night, feng leng was to dispatch the next day immediately.

Feng leng walked in his courtyard downcast. Tonight was to be the last time feng leng would see jing yi. Warfare was never a certain matter and only god could tell when he would be able to jing yi again. Just as he entered, jing yi rushed to him and hugged the man as always. as he clutched onto the bigger man, Jing yi took a deep breath of feng leng's smell. It was like jing yi was hooked on it.

"Why did you come this late ? " sulkily jing yi questioned feng leng.

Without any need for a response he excitedly rambled on.

" I learned to write new letters today. Master also taught me to write sentences. I can even write some without any help."

As jing yi put up his head to watch delight on feng leng's face, he only saw despair on them. feng leng caressed the smaller man's face and gently placed their lips together.

" i am leading the troops to the borders tomorrow. I may be gone for long." , feng leng said as he moved back from the kiss.

Jing yi 's eyes widened in shock. He quickly tighten his hold on feng leng and squeezed his eyes shut , wishing what he said was not true.

"Can you.. Can you not go?" jing yi said quavering.

Feng leng sighed and held onto jing yi, patting his head softly.

"I must go xiao yi. It is my responsibility to protect the nation and its people. ..... Listen my sweet xiao yi , I am not going forever. You will stay right here safely and I will come back to you as soon as i can. It is only a matter of time. Will you wait for me?" feng leng asked holding on jign yi's shoulders, making him face his face.

Jign yi nodded facing down as his body started to lightly shake. Then came the whimpering sound. Jing yi couldnt hold his tears and looked up to feng leng.

With fresh tears blurring his vision, jing yi incoherently mumbled,

"Promise....promise you will come back to me safe."

Feng leng smiled seeing jing yi worried for his safety and how adorable this little one could be. Wiping the tears, feng leng kissed jing yi. First the tear ridden eyes and then the soft lips.

"Promise."

Feng leng picked up jing yi as always and carried the man in bridal style to their room.