VI

Garden

With the serving of Almond Tofu in your hands, you entered the blacony.

He was giving you his back, until the smell of the food made him turn around.

You could see his golden eyes widening with the sight of the food, but this only lasted less than a second.

"Don't let his appearance fool you"

Right.

Still, that was cute.

"Thank... you", he mumbled.

Once he grabbed the plate, you took this opportunity to take your little notebook and write something.

"Do you want to come to the Lantern Rite?"

"No."

Huh...

"I'm not partial to crowded areas. If you wish to witness this spectacle, then I suggest you go to the city."

He sure has already made his decision.

"Even if the Mingxiao Lantern this years is Skybracer? It is still a Mingxiao Lantern, a human creation... It means nothing to me. Now, if you excuse me, I have matters that need my attention."

With a short sigh, you nodded and took the empty plate he had in his hand, and went down the stairs, while Xiao watched you from afar, but went to the place where the Traveler was needing some help just seconds later.

You went to Verr, and wrote everything that happened down on the paper.

Her husband, Huai'an, was also there, and read everything you wrote.

"Oh... It seems that another year will pass without Xiao watching the Lantern Rite... Still, thank you [Y/N], for trying", said Verr with a sad smile.

Huai'an also gave you his thanks, but said something interesting later.

"At this rate, it will be a lot easier if we bring the Lantern Rite to Xiao, rather than trying to convince him"

That's right!

An idea crossed your mind, and you wrote it as fast as you could.

If they agree, then this will need to be done before Xiao comes back.

A mini festival at Wangshuu Inn.

Verr talked with Smiley Yanxiao, and the food will be done in some hours. In this time, Verr, Huai'an, Yuhua and you went to do the stall.

They had a lot of wood, nails, hammers, and everything needed to do it, so in some hours this will be done.

Of course, as it was your first time doing an entire stall, accidents were normal, such as hitting your finger with the hammer, and some cuts while searching for another nail to reemplace the one you had bent.

Let's say, your hands had more injuries among the group.

Once it was finished, you took the materials needed for the Xiao Lanterns, and began to do them as fast as you could, but making sure they were perfect.

Once everything was almost done, you noticed a black smoke arriving to the balcony.

It's him.

"[Y/N]! Go fetch our honored guest, please!"

With a wide smile, you ran up the stairs, wincing a little by the pain in your hands, but nothing you couldn't handle.

You wanted to scream his name.

Just days, yes, since you found him, but the amount of happiness and gratefulness you had for this man is immeasurable.

You wanted to make him feel special, just for once.

It was a festival for everyone, after all.

Once you reached the balcony, and saw him looking at the landscape, you approached him.

"Need something?"

It took you seconds to respond, for the view seemed like a garden under your shoes.

"Please, come with me."

Your hands were trembling.

The paper felt like a rock because of the force you were doing.

Yet, the touch of his hands when he brushed yours to take the paper was so gentle, you relaxed.

"Be more careful next time. Let's go."

No more words were needed.

You still felt the warmth of his hand in yours.

You stumbled a little, and ran to be at his side, but he was walking down the stairs far ahead already when you awoke from your trance.

His back.

How can someone carry so many burdens?

You tried to not feel pity, and to make this the best day posible for him.

And to try to say the words.

Ehe, here he comes!

Sorry for the wait and for little Xiao content until now, I was saving it for chapter 7.

Anyway, how have been your experiences of co-op so far? I hope they are good!