II

A Tree As Old As Me

Arriving at a good time to work, you watched as Jifang, your boss, prepared everything in Wanwen Bookhouse for the day.

"Ah, welcome. I thought you would take a little bit more of time, so I went ahead with some things. Here, put these books over there while I continue here".

Nodding, you classified all the books that were disorganized. That was until, well, here she comes again...

"You know, I will always be grateful that you work here, but don't you want to go adventuring some time? You are still young, and to lose half of your life organizing some books, it's..." Jinfang tried again what she has been doing the last month.

Frowning by her words, the only thing you could do was shake your head, tired by the amounts of attempts.

"Then, what if I close the bookhouse? That way you wouldn't need to be here, you could go exploring, and I could rest. Trying to convince you is a little bit tiring, haha".

Wait, what? What about her? Does she have a backup plan in case this is real and not a not-so-funny joke?

Why would she go to great lengths just for you to go "exploring", something that you don't even know if you like?

Hell, of course you wouldn't like exploring. Not after knowing all the dangers out there.

"Look, I just want you to live a different life. This year with you was so different than I expected. I still don't know why you wouldn't say a single word, but I'm still grateful by all the help you have given, not only to me, but to the people that come here every day, especially Xingqiu, that boy..."

Giggling a little by the memories coming to your mind, you looked at her with the sincerest smile you could give her, her kindness reminding you the one your mother used to have.

Shaking your head with a little smile, giving up, you agree, not to go adventuring, but to change the place work, just so she could rest at ease, and to see if you could stay in Liyue and continue your search.

Maybe Wangsheng Funeral Parlor needs someone...

"Really? Finally, you accept!? Great! Then, if it's money what you need, you could always go to Wangshu Inn, searching for a job, that way you can have money, a place to return to, and go exploring. Here, this is an extra money you can have, since this is something worth the celebration".

Or maybe not...

In fact, Wangshu Inn didn't cross your mind, but nonetheless, your smile couldn't get any bigger, thanking the help given by Jifang. With tears threatening to come out of your eyes, you give her a hug. She was no longer your boss, but a friend you would cherish all your life.

"You can come to pay me a visit any time, you know, you will always be welcomed".

Nodding, you set off to the village where you were born.

Qingce Village.

Good thing was that Wangshu Inn was near the village, more than Liyue Harbor at least, so you could even go walking. That way, to wait for some travelers to be kind enough to take you with them was no longer an issue.

You went to your house, at the foot of Mt. Tianheng, to gather the things you would need for the traveling, and to discard the ones that were no longer useful.

Waving goodbye to the people that kept you company for the year, your journey to Qingce Village began.

The walk was peaceful, except for some enemies that made you do a little detour, but nothing too serious.

Also, you passed in front of Wangshu Inn, but didn't enter because you thought that it will be better if you could do all the things regarding the new job, if you could get it, with more time.

Continuing the path ahead, silence covered the landscape the closer you got to the destination. It was a matter of time in which you could feel the familiar breeze of the Glaze Lilies that can be found in the peculiar flower garden, characteristic of the village.

"Look! (Y/N) is back!" The children began coming to you while you were crossing the last wood bridge.

Ruffling their hairs, smiling to one and giving the hand to another, the children took you to every corner to play as much as possible, knowing that you wouldn't stay that long.

"[Y/N]! [Y/N]! Do you wanna hear a story? A real story! Once upon a dream- or was it time?-"

"Could you sing me a song to sleep? I mean, when you get to talk, it's just... um...-"

"Today I found this gigantic brown thing that looked like a robot! Or was it a real robot? Anyways-"

"Kids! Please, don't suffocate her like that! [Y/N], dear, come here, come have some tea, please".

The last kid ran away as soon as he listened to those word, but before the first and second kids ran to whatever place they wanted to be, you catched their hands to intertwine your pinkies. As a pinky promise.

Waving goodbye to them, as they smiled and ran away, you followed quietly Granny Ruoxin to her place, taking a seat in front of a table that was put near the entrance.

"Finally, some peace and quiet. Those kids, really... I'm glad they seem to be happy". You listened, and nodded while you sip tea from the cup that was given to you a bit earlier. "Glaze Lilies tea. But dear, is Friday, why the surprise to see you today? Did something bad happened? Do you want to come back? You will always be welcomed here".

Shaking your head with a little smile, you give her some money (well, with a little bit extra) that Jinfang gave you, with a note in which "Change of work. Take care of you and the kids, please." was written.

"Oh my... But, little one, I really hope you enjoy someday the views of Teyvat. If you ever need to take a break, or just pay a visit, you can always come back. We really love you here, dear. What happened years ago, don't let it hold yourself, and be happy, for your future. I'm sure they will be happy, too".

Ah, how could I forget...

Turning your head, you saw the tree.

A tree as old as you, that held the memories of the past, expectant of the future.

Since when are you guys playing? I've been playing since release, and it's quite shocking to see the large amount of people playing in less than a year