I

Blow Me Down

One year later

Closing the door of your house, the walk towards Liyue began.

Life at foot of Mt. Tianheng held a tranquility that reminded you of Qingce Village, something that would often led you to take your time, and think about the weekends where you would go there to lend a hand to the elders and kids.

Also, the last place where your parents were years ago.

You actually were born in the village. That same day, as a welcome gift from your parents, a tree was planted in the backyard of the house. You were happy, or that is what you remember from those years. You thought that it would last forever. But no.

No one was prepared for what happened that day. That cold day that left you speechless for all the years that have passed.

As a curious and "brave" kid that you believed to be, you tried to climb one of the many mountains that surrounded the village, trying to reach the summit as fast as possible.

You did, in fact, and were beyond proud. But you were not alone.

Turning around, a group of something, years later you knew they were called hilichurls, stood there. But those "things" were different. They seemed more powerful than others.

They had a dark aura surrounding them.

The anxiety led to scream, for help, for someone, and tears started to come out.

Getting hurt by the stones and punches you were receiving, you thought you could burden a little bit of pain until someone could help.

That was until a hilichurl came with a burning piece of wood, and started attacking whatever was in its path.

Trying to dodge all the incoming attacks, you took quick breaths, starting to get dizzy, and seconds later, a rock made you fall.

You thought that was it, seeing the intense red of fire coming.

It was the end.

Until you saw your mother running to you, and protect you, getting her back hit multiple times and burned by that monster. Your father was trying to attack and disperse all the hilichurls he could, but to no avail, when arrows pierced his body from different directions.

In her last breath, your mother spoke those words that still echoed in your mind, even though all the years that have passed.

"Don't worry, my child. I'm here, We will always be here. Please, forgive me for this selfish wish, but live a happy life, for me, for your father. I'm sorry... I love you."

With tears on your face, with the stars as the only witnesses, a family fell apart.

With memories of all your life swirling on your mind, clouding your thoughts, you could barely see the hilichurls preparing for the next attack.

With one last shaky breath, you muttered,

"Please... help..."

And before everything went black, a gust of wind with some green and black smoke appeared.

That was the last thing you remembered from that night.

The next day you awoke in the bed of the community leader, Granny Ruoxin.

You were now alone.

The guilt consuming you from every corner of your mind.

You didn't move. The night came and went, and you were still in place.

It wasn't until Granny Ruoxin came and told you what happened.

Your parents were dead.

And it was all your fault.

"Tell me, mom, how am I supposed to be happy, if I was the reason that you and father aren't here today?"

Those were the last words that left your lips.

Murderer was the only word in your mind.

And you knew it was true.

Still, there was a little ray of gratefulness to your parents,

and to that stranger.

How are you today? :D