chapter 1

I pick up the empty dishes on the table and put them in a tray, I pick up the tray and walk towards the kitchen but on the way I trip over something and my face lands in the dishes on the floor. I hear a guy laugh behind me and I turn around to glare at him while him and his friends laugh at me. I take three deep breaths and stand up, fixing up my clothes and grabbing the tray and going into the kitchen, I put the broken dishes in the bin and drop the tray into the sink in front of Sylvia with a grunt

"What happened this time" she asks me, I roll my eyes oh not much, just an asshole who thought it was funny to trip me "it doesn't matter, I'm out of here when I finally get a call back from somewhere" Sylvia turns me toward her making me look at her "it's been a month hun, they ain't calling" she says with a frown, she's right, I gave over 10 businesses my resume about a month ago and no one has called, I grab a cloth and wipe away the blood dripping from my face that smashed into the glass plates "yet, they might just be really busy Syl" I watch her shake her head while she fills the sink with water and dish washing liquid "they are not going to call sweets, I know that and you know that, you are stuck here with the rest of us" Sylvia says while putting dishes in the water.

"What am I paying you for? To chat? No, get back to fucking work" our boss yells, I walk quickly to the meals that have been done for one of my tables, I pick up two plates and walk slowly out the door not to drop them and get to the table "sorry for the wait" I place them down and notice their glasses are empty "would you like a refill of your drinks?" I look up and see a man with dark brown hair and light hazel eyes, my eyes travel down to his body and he is wearing a black suit with a dark blue tie, I had to admit he is sexy, I would like him to fu- then I notice a ring on his left hand and I look at the woman across from him who has blonde curly hair and hazel eyes and a dark blue dress showing off her cleavage but I didn't see a ring on her hand is he married? Is he cheating on his wife? Why are people so disloyal to their partners? I have many questions but I didn't ask anything else after the guy shook his head, I smile and nod my head at both of them and left for the kitchen.

"What now?" Sylvia asks, I pout at her and walk over "why are guys assholes?" I ask her "everyone are assholes not just men but what's with the question?" I sigh and walk toward more plates and grab them "there is a guy out there, who is so handsome by the way, he has a ring on his finger and he's here with a woman who doesn't have a ring" I hear her laugh "they could be friends or on business, it could be anything, doesn't mean he's cheating on his partner" I suppose she has a point.