fifty-three

"Kuiil! Are you there? Come in, Kuiil

"Kuiil! Are you there? Come in, Kuiil. Kuiil come in!" Kasia and Din exchanged panicked a look, and without a word Kas grabbed the commlink from the Mandalorian's hand.

"Kuiil? Are you there? Do you copy?" she paused to give the Ugnaught a moment to answer. After a long moment of radio silence she spoke again, her voice was heavy with emotion, sadness and fear seeping into every word. "Kuiil! Kuiil!"

"He's not there, Kas," Cara said quietly as Din gently took the commlink from her vicelike grip and gave her shoulder a small squeeze, his sorrow for the Ugnaught's suspected state and fear for the child's fate mirroring her own. Not paying much heed to either, Cara glanced towards Karga, "Is there another way out?"

"No," Greef answered with a note of solemnity in his voice as he stared out the window at the rows of Storm and Death Troopers. He gestured towards them with his blaster, "That's it."

Kasia followed his gaze, unapologetically allowing herself to slip in and out of the minds of all those close enough to her that she was able as she struggled to come up with an escape plan; she may not know much about this city, but the two men accompanying her and some of the Stormtroopers outside certainly did.

"What about the sewers?" the words flowed from her mouth before her brain even seemed to register the image she had seen in Din's mind of the massive underground labyrinth of sewers—she would have felt guilty about looking into his brain without explicitly asking, but he had given her his permission earlier to look if a situation was dire enough to call for it... and this situation was certainly very dire.

"Sewers?" Karga repeated, confusion in his voice.

"The Mandalorians have a covert down in the sewers," Din explained, understanding instinctively what Kasia was getting at. "If we can get down there, they can help us escape."

"Yeah, sewers are good," Cara's words were spoken in breathless agreement, for lack of better option.

Din nodded back at her, flipping a switch on his suit's control pad. At the movement and subsequent beeping noise, Kasia gave him an odd look as though to say what the hell are you doing, this is not the time to be playing with your Mandalorian toys.

"Checking for access points," he explained as he continued to look around the room.

Kas's lips formed an 'o' in understanding. "If we get out of here, you're letting me try that suit on whether you like it or not," she informed him, running a finger down the side of his cape.

"I'd have to take my helmet off to do that," was his pointed response as he continued to scan the room.

She wrinkled her nose at him, "Oh please, I already know what your face looks like. Besides I have my whole blindfold thing anyway," she reasoned. Across the room, Kasia felt a beat of confusion from Cara and she rushed to explain, "He showed me an image of his face once with the whole image-projection-mind thingy. I wouldn't suggest trying, I practically had to beg for it."