Step-God

Trixie wandered around the house aimlessly. She had been up for about an hour, and was starting to get hungry. She looked at the clock again. 8:30. Okay it's been long enough, she thought. She walked over to her mother's room and loudly banged on the door.

Lucifer and Chloe had been sleeping peacefully when Trixie banged on the door. The noise startled both of them awake, and Chloe rubbed her eyes before answering.

"Come in babe."

Trixie slid open the door aggressively before marching into the room.

"It's eight-thirty."
"Um, okay."
"You guys are usually up and making breakfast by now. But you aren't."
"Monkey why-"
"It's like you guys don't even care about me anymore!"

Chloe and Lucifer froze. Trixie had been having short outburst ever sense Dan had died, but this one seemed to be ramping up to be something worse.

"Sweetheart, please come here."

Lucifer and Chloe slid over in the bed so Trixie could join them. After sliding into the covers Chloe started.

"Why do you think we don't care about you?"
"Because you never sleep in. I don't want to change the routine we have."

Chloe sighed and hugged her daughter. Lucifer piped up after a minute.

"Do you want me to make breakfast now?"
"Yes please."

After Lucifer left Trixie looked back at her mom.

"I'm happy you found Lucifer, and I'm happy you're happy. But I miss daddy. I feel like you guys are forgetting about him."
"Oh Monkey, we're not. But in order to continue, we have to deal with the pain and heal. It's okay to let go of it, so long as you remember you went through it."

Trixie nodded. She then went silent for a bit before stating her next thought.

"Is Lucifer my step-dad?"
"Why do you ask?"
"Well he lives here and kind of acts like a dad. So I was wondering."
"Are you worried he'd replace your dad?"
"A little."
"Well, you don't have to worry. I can't tell if he is or isn't your step-dad, that's a conversation for you two. But I can tell you, he loved your dad very much and I know he would never want to replace him in you're mind."
"Thanks mom."

Chloe smiled and kissed her daughters head.

"I'm going to go shower, and while I'm doing that why don't you help Lucifer with breakfast?"

Trixie nodded and headed to the kitchen. Lucifer was making bacon and eggs, the sizzling of the bacon could be heard throughout the house. Trixie sat down on a bar stool across from him.

"I have a question for you."
"Ask away urchin."
"Are you my step-dad?"
"I- What?"
"I asked my mom. She said ask you. So are you my step dad?"
"I, well I can't make that decision for you. But whatever you decide, I'll be okay with it."
"But do you have a preference of yes or no?"
"I think I'd be honored if you wanted me as a step-dad, or step-God, but I can't make that decision for you."

Trixie nodded and looked down for a little bit. Her mind was racing thinking of what to say or do next.

"I'd like you as my step-dad. But only if I can count on you."
"Why wouldn't you be able to count on me."
"You and my mom constantly had back and forth. There was a large chunk of time where I didn't know where you were and some more time where you were hurting my mom's feelings. "

Lucifer sighed and then nodded. Trixie continued.

"I don't want that to happen with me. I want you as my step-dad, but you have to promise to stay and to commit to it."
"I will. I swear."
"Okay."

Trixie gave a small smile before her mom returned and breakfast was ready.

                              ~~~~~~~~~~
I have so many family prompts with these three. Also here's the start of some angst I need to relive. Anyways, grammar, spelling, ideas!!!