Chalter 8: How to Steal A Dragons Heart.

Shopping was surprisingly a successful trip. There was no incident with Ender which was surprising. But then again he was busy with Ben flirting with him and constantly changing clothes.

Which he didn't like.

As soon as they got home Ender took his stuff that he got for being good, and went to his room.
While the others all went to the living room. Waiting for Mathew to come and help them. But Mathew was playing hard to get, meaning he was teasing them and letting them wait.

Just to see how desperate they are to getting the information.

(Meaning he wants them to beg him for the information, he's just messing with them.)

They knew though, so instead of them begging him they'll wait. Well they would've if Ben wasn't desperate and well begged.

"Oh come on Mathew you said you'll tell us, so tell us! We want him to join so please! Don't you want him to join us too?
Isn't that like a dragon rule, dragons gotta stick together." Ben said.

Mathew looked to him and couldn't help but chuckled. He knew he'd at least get Ben.

"First of all, yes I would like for him to join us, it'd be nice.
Second, some dragons prefer the solitude.
Lastly, yes I did say that I was going to tell you all.
But there are a few things that we should clarify.

There is a couple of ways to show a dragon that your want to be together. Usually the more human side would be in charge per say. But with Ender being alone for so long he went 'feral'.
An so because of that we'd have to get through to him. Bring back his human side. But that's where it gets tricky. We have to be on a common ground with his dragnotic side."

"Okay wait how does all of this tie in to him join us?" Jack spoke up asking the question that all of them were wondering.

"Do you remember when he first talked to you guys? Or how about he fact that he played with you all?"
Once they all nodded he continued.

"That was the first step of him becoming human again. Now granted yes those were dragon things but that was him. That was Ender.
While it's true that he will still act like a Beast, there is still so much that we don't know or have seen.
But before we get him to join us; we need his full consent and full human self. That's more important right now, once we get that done.
I'll tell you the rest.

But I'll tell you this, we are close. A lot close then I thought we'd be. Which is a good sign so if we keep this up, and he doesn't feel threatened. We may get him a lot sooner" Mathew said.
They all had determined faces all of them thinking the same thing.

'They will take the little dragon'

As they were talking none of them saw said dragon there. In the living room doorway hearing everything that they had said.
He just stood there trying to figure decipher all of what they were saying. But he knew, a part of him knew what they were saying.

'Human? Dragon side? Beast? I'm normal this has always been me?' Ender looked back to them then back to the shiny ring that Mathew had told him to watch.

'They're trapping me.' He shook his head confused as to what's going on.
A part of him wants to leave, but another part of him though.
Feels safe here.

They're nice and helped him, and they played with him. No one had ever done that with him. But they're talking about 'wanting' him.
They have him, don't they?

Simon gets up and turns around getting ready to start dinner when he sees Ender. He gasps and immediately they all turned around and see him. They all stared all in shock that they didn't hear him or smelled him.

And he heard everything. Mathew was stoic but on the inside he was panicking too. He's not sure what he's feeling, he could react in many ways. There was just no telling what he would do.

"Ender?" Mathew started

Ender looked up and they all saw the tears in his eyes. Out of everything they didn't think that he would be crying. They all thought he would be angry but crying?

"Ender?" Mathew kneeled down and opens his arms.

"I-I'm n-not normal?" Ender asked.

"You are normal Ender.
But there's more to you than you may know.
How did you survive all these years? How did you run so fast ,and jumped so high?
The primal instincts that tell you to fight.

That's your dragon side of you, but it seems that he may have given you a chance to be in control." Mathew said lightly. Choosing his words carefully to not freak him out.

As he looks at him he can see a complete difference in the two.

This Ender the human one, was more fragile looking. He seems shy, and so much more submissive. His eyes look brighter and bigger, almost like a dolls.

"Nest." Ender said.

"It's upstairs you can go up there if you want." Mathew said.

"Nest!" He shouted.

"The one before you came here? I don't know where it's at. But if you tell me, I can take you.
But Ender, you have to talk to me." Mathew said.

The others were all still there. Watching all of this, afraid that they scared him off.

"Please don't leave!" Asher shouted.

"Asher-"

"Look I know that your scared, we were all scared too. But it isn't all so bad, your not on the streets wondering if you can eat today.
Your not constantly looking over your shoulders. Wondering if someone is out to get you.
Your safe here and you have us. Please Ender, I like you, we all do." Asher said.

"Ender not leaving, Ender's shiny is there. Ender wants nest for shinies."

They all looked to him and smiled.

Ender slowly moves closer to Asher. An gently takes hold of his hands and goes to the door.

"Thank you Ender." Asher said quietly.

He looks behind him to Mathew who was smiling and nodded his head. He trusts Ender's care into Asher's.

"What does this mean? Did his dragon give him full control? Was that what you were talking about earlier?" Simon asked.

"Yes but, let's wait a few days. I'm not sure where his mind is at. For now the plan hasn't changed just get to know him. Try and bond with him. It'll help with him getting in contact with other beasts and human alike."