t w e n t y n i n e

Start from the beginning

"you didnt kid nap mr. kim?" the officer asked, repeating jungkooks words. jungkook nodded silently.

"so your saying he went with you willingly?" the officer asked. jungkook nodded his head once. "yes sir." he replied. the officer stayed silent for a few moments after jungkooks spoke.

"i see. i would have someone ask mr. kim for a confirmation, but hes not in the right state to do so at the moment." the officer spoke. jungkooks ears immediately perking, though he didnt make it noticeable in the slightest.

"what do you mean?" jungkook asked calmly. the officer glanced at the boy.

"mr. kim is in the hospital giving some tests." the officer started. jungkook stayed silent as he continued.

"we believe taehyung has acquired stockholm syndrome."

jungkook stayed silent still, not reacting. "because of me?" the boy asked, still showing no emotion.

the officer hummed. jungkook felt his jaw tighten slightly, but tried to control himself. not asking any more about the subject.

"so, if your saying mr. kim went with you willingly. why did you take him in the first place?" the officer then asked.

jungkook answered honestly, as he had been the whole time so far.

"to keep him safe."

jungkook said. the officer looked at jungkook, a small glint in his eye gave jungkook the knowing impression that the male infront of him didnt believe him one bit.

"to keep him safe?" the officer asked, repeating his words as he did before. jungkook nodded. "yes." jungkook replied.

"you took taehyung to keep him safe. away from his school, and his friends, and his family? you took him to keep him safe from all of that?" the officer asked.

"well, not from those things exactly.. but yes. to keep him safe from harm." jungkook said, trying to keep his answers short as possible.

"keep him safe from what then exactly?" the officer asked.

jungkook fell silent. not responding, letting his eyes fall a little. he couldnt answer that question. that would just make everything worse than it already was.

"not gonna answer that?" the officer asked. jungkook could hear the false kindness dripping from his voice. like he was trying to have a conversation with a non verbal 5 year old.

it was then when jungkook just felt too tired to go on with this long and pointless conversation. he just wanted to be alone. and not have to deal with anyone right now.

even if that meant being trapped in a cold cell, behind heavy steal bars.

"how long?" jungkook suddenly asked after a few minutes of silence. confusing the officer. "how long for what?" the man asked.

"how long am i going to be in prison?" jungkook asked, his eyes settled on his hands again.

the officer hummed quietly to himself, looking down at the clipboard that contained all of jungkooks information.

"your prison sentence is 8 years. eligible for parole in 7... a bail of 6,000,000 won (about 50,000 u.s dollars)."

jungkook continued to stare at his hands, letting out a small hum. "alright." he whispered in an empty tone.

the officer looked at the boy. "well, thats your expected punishment. your court case will be held in 3 weeks-" the officer tried to speak, but jungkook cut him off.

"i dont want it."

he said simply. the officer was slightly taken aback. "you dont? you seemed pretty confident in the fact that you didnt kidnap mr. kim. so it would be smartest to have a testimony."

jungkook shrugged ever so softly. "dont want it." he said quietly. the officer stared at the boy. "i cant afforded a lawyer anyways." jungkook added on.

"well you could be offered a free court given lawyer if you wanted." the officer informed. again, jungkook gave a small shrug of his shoulders. his eyes staring holes into the table.

"i dont want it."

he replied again. the officer could only nod, writing something on the clipboard.

"so you'd rather go straight to prison?" the officer asked. jungkook didnt respond in any way. that the officer could only nod slowly.

"well.. if thats what you want. i'll talk it over with your case handlers, but im sure the court would much rather not have to deal with such an obvious case." the officer muttered under his breath.

jungkook heard him loud and clear as day. but again, didnt react just staying silent.

-

more silence settled in the room, the officer writing some more things on the clipboard before looking to jungkook one last time.

"so, 8 years. you ok with that?" he asked. jungkook almost felt like laughing, almost.

"like you care what my opinion is in this situation."

he responded. the officer gave a short light snort through his nose, witch only confirmed for jungkook.

"i guess our time here is done then. we'll have someone transfer you to the city prison tomorrow. you get two meals a day, and time outside every wednesday."

the officer spoke. jungkook nodded slowly, listening to the man speak.

"is that what you want?" the officer asked one last time. jungkook continued to stare at his hands.

"yes sir."

he replied. the officer could only hum shortly to respond before getting out of his seat.

"every saturday theres a visiting hour for the inmates..." the stared again. jungkook again listened, as he couldnt do anything else.

the officer walked closer to the door, about to open it before he said one last thing. to the boy still sitting still on the cold metal chair. hand cuffed, unable tor un anywhere.

"if you dont fuck up, maybe you can have someone come to visit you."

____________________________

another update for yall :))

also i've only watched a few interrogations in my life. so sorry if this wasnt very accurate lol

luv chuuu

xoxoxoxo

~bbytae