The City That Never Sleeps

Start from the beginning

The four of us arrive at a club, Damon and I go to fetch drinks while the two girls stay at the table. We walk over with the drinks as the girls smile in our direction.

"Is this allowed, what would Lexi say?" Elena asks as she holds up the drinks we brought over.

"Lexi thought the only way I would turn my emotions back on is if I started enjoying my life again." Damon responds before holding his drink out in front of him.

"Don't tell me she took you to see Bon Jovi concerts too." Rebekah states almost teasingly.

"No. Wrong decade. Lexi was not allowed to feed with Stefan. I didn't have that problem. And neither do you." Damon smirks holding his hand out for Elena. I throw my arm over Rebekahs shoulder as we walk towards the dance floor.

"Pick." Damon tells her. Elena then compels and starts biting on a young woman as Damon then joins her. I pull a another young woman towards us and compels her to be quiet and calm before latching onto her jugular. Rebekah takes her other side, we pull away to take a breathe before I reach over, wipe some of the blood off her face, then pull her in for an amazing kiss.

We go back and forth between kissing and going at the girls neck we dont notice Damon leaving. Elena does but doesn't seem to care as she walks over to us and compels the girl to leave. Rebekah looks around before realising.

"Looks like Damon gave us the slip." Rebekah grins.

"Good. Hopefully he'll find whatever he's looking for and then I can take it." Elena says putting on her jacket before walking to the bar.

"And what if you cant? I mean, he is stronger than you. I mean we could help. You want the cure off the table, hand it over to us." I say gesturing to Rebekah and myself.

"Yeah, we could work together." Rebekah states leaning back into my chest as we lean against the bar.

"Work together? Dont you hate me?" Elena asks her.

"I hated the moral, self-righteous version of you, but this ones not so bad. Maybe its the new haircut." Rebekah smirks. Elena smiles in disbelief.

"Do you even remember what its like to be human? Weak. Fragile. Why would you want to go back to that?" Elena asks.

"Because someday I want a family of my own." Rebekah reveals to her.

"And that's exactly why I don't want your help. The best part of having emotions is that I can think rationally. I'll do whatever it takes to get it done. You're the opposite. A pile of neurosis, insecurities, hopes and dreams. You're basically one big emotional variable that I just don't really need." Elena rants. Rebekah looks slightly down at what Elena said.

"Elena, watch yourself. If you value your ability to speak, shut up." I threaten standing up straight. Rebekah stops me and begins to pull me away.

"You just made me miss the old Elena." Rebekah states before walking away with me in tow.

A while later Rebekah and I are still at the bar, I went to the bathroom and when I came back I saw Rebekah staring at Elena and Damon as they talked about something. I was about to walk over when I saw some guy walk up to her. I walked over slowly seeing what he would do, Rebekah was ignoring him and as Elena and Damon walked away the guy reached up and moved some hair behind her hear.

So I done what any rational person would do.... I grabbed him by the shoulders, hit his head against a wall, and threw him threw a table. Totally normal.

"Excuse you." I say as I stand beside Rebekah and put my arm around her shoulder.

"Jealous are we?" She smirks.