Chapter 3

C H A P T E R  T H R E E
          and the chefs choice

↭ ↭ ↭

I walk across the park frowning from what I just heard. Slugs? Snails? Disgusting, even though it did taste quite magnificent.

Still, the thought was horrifying.

Taking a seat on the not-yet-frozen-bench, I take out my book from the bag. As horrible as she is, my mother is forcing me to read this book even if it will not make a difference.

I'm begging you, good Mercutio, let's call it a day. It's hot outside, and the Capulets are wandering around. If we bump into them, we'll certainly get into a fight. When it's hot outside, people become angry--

"We meet again," a very low and familiar voice acknowledges. He gave a light chuckle after and sat by me.

Where do I know him from? I titlted my head to face him, and I could see his hand running through his thick brown hair. Romeo, the one from yesterday. . .

"Are you stalking me?" I blurted then instantly covered my mouth. I supressed a laugh and looked intently at the guy.

His green eyes look into my own, but he broke our gazes by looking straight forward. "No, I actually came for my friend. Then I saw you here, alone, by yourself, with no one to talk-"

"Okay I get it," I cut off, glaring at his figure.

I stare wide-eyes. How does he...? Then a thought hit me like a bus. He is the son. The son of the horrible, proposterous and mean tutor. She was ugly and wickedly evil. Okay, I may have gone too far on the last comment.

But how could he be the son of her?

"Are you by any chance the son of Mrs Davies?"

He smiles at me with a twinkle in his eyes. That is probably caused by the sun or my eyes are playing tricks on me.

"Yes I am. I guess my mother explained you perfectly! It's funny cause she said that you were a very ignorant and stubborn child who needs more teaching. Exept in French."

"Why am I not surprised?" I say honestly.

"Come."

I look at him and notice he's holding out his hand... again. Without any furthur hesitation I stand up taking his hand. It was firm, warm and it feels good to be connected.

"Where are you taking me?"

"I'm going to show you to have fun in Paris!"

I didnt argue with that. I did need some time off from this stupid book. I put it in my handbag and walk next to him, staring at the ground, not daring to look up at his face.

"I need you to trust me first."

"I already do."

"Madeline. You don't lookk at me, you hesitate before you answer! C'mon, I know what where we can go."

*-*

I look up. No, no, I cannot do this. He cannot force me to do something this crazy! I hear people screaming as they go through the loop-the-loop. You all should be happy you didn't plummet to the ground.

"You can't do this to me!" I whisper-scream. Now I know he is a phsycopath wanting to kill me by this horrid death-machine.

"Trust me honey, I'll catch you when you fall."

We gave the tickets to the man and join the crowd of waiting people. I am pretty much the only one sane in this place. People were happy to be going on a roller-coaster?!