[CH.6]

Beep!...
Beep!..
Beep!..

Your phone buzzed as you got dressed in some nice clothes, getting ready for Jeremy's arrival. "Yes I know, shut up" you said as your phone kept buzzing and beeping. You finished sorting yourself out and smiled in the bathroom mirror, admiring yourself. "If only I had an excuse to look so wonderfully everday" you mumbled, wishing you had the time and energy to look great everyday. You decided to pick up your phone and take a few pictures of yourself before leaving the bathroom and entering the living room. When you came in, you glanced at your TV, 'I hope it doesn't put any static on while Jeremy is over..' you thought in your head before your thoughts got interrupted by a doorbell ringing. You smiled and walked up up to the front door, opening it.

It was who you expected it to be. In front of you was Jeremy, dressed in a dark blue suit which matched his eye colour very well, with a small dark purple bowtie and some simple black shoes on aswell. What stood out the most from the outfit was his bright and warm smile. From what you have seen, working in the business for a year now, Jeremy didn't smile much at work. It was nice seeing him smile now, you felt somewhat special. You shook your head and smiled, realising you were probably staring at him for a little too long, "sorry uh.. Hello!" you said stepping away from the door to let Jeremy walk into your apartment. 'What was all of the stress for? He's only a business partner, I'm here to help him with his problems more than anything' you scolded yourself, while you closed the door and locked it.

Jeremy, once in the apartment, turned to face you and handed you your f/c (favourite colour) rose, "I heard you like this colour so here!" he said while smiling. You took it and smiled back, replying with a "thank you" before walking off to put it in a vase so it doesn't die. You smiled at the flower for a few seconds and then walked back to Jeremy who was sat in a chair in the kitchen. You sat on a chair on the other side of the table so you could face him and talk to him, "so uh.. Start when your ready I guess-" you said a little less confidently than you wanted to sound. You wanted to sound reassuring so he would feel comfortable but you failed. Jeremy looked around the kitchen and sighed, probably thinking of a way to explain things.

"It.." he began saying, but he trailed off. His eyes widened. You followed his gaze and realized he was looking at the virtual reality headset, "how far have you gotten in that game?" Jeremy asked. You wanted to go back onto the 'nightmare' topic but then again, maybe he just needed a distraction.. You looked on a shelf and saw one of your books about people and their troubles. You looked back at Jeremy and smiled,"Honestly not far, just on Fnaf 3. I'm trying to collect the tapes for the game. Why?". You looked back at the book and recalled it saying that 'distraction is good for the human mind. When the mind is troubled with haunting thoughts, it might be best for the person to talk about something else rather than be forced to talk about their problems.' You focused on Jeremy, thinking that he matched the description of that. "oh, I'm just curious. What's your favourite anamatronic?"

Yeah, this was definetly not going back to the original topic, but you didn't mind. You kept a smile on and kept replying, "probably [favourite anamatronic], and yours?" Jeremy stopped looking at the headset and faced you, focusing more. "Mines Foxy" he said, his voice sounding a little off. You carried on a little conversation back and forth. That was until Jeremy started coughing and you began to worry.. "Are you okay-? Need a drink?" you offered while getting up just incase but Jeremy shook his head, "no, no, it's okay." You looked at him and sighed, hoping he wasn't lying. "maybe we can go out for a walk-?" Jeremy offered. Maybe he needed some fresh air or needed to clear his mind? You nodded and walked up to the front door, putting on some shoes and exiting your apartment.

The breeze blew in your face as you stood in front of your apartment. You took a while to look at the surrounding and the amazing nature. The trees were swaying from side to side which made it look like the leaves were dancing. You inhaled the fresh air and smiled. You didn't go out often, especially when there was no reason to. You shook your head noticing that Jeremy didn't go out yet. "Jeremy?" you asked while hearing a small clicking noise and then seeing Jeremy walk out of the door, "I'm sorry, I got a little distracted by your amazing decor skills." his head sunk and his smile weakened, he must have thought you got upset or angry at him. You put your hand on his shoulder once again and smiled, "its okay, thank you.". He looked up at you and nodded. You let go of his shoulder and locked your apartments door and the two of you started walking.

"Where are we walking to?" you asked happily as the two of you walked side by side on the quiet streets,the only noise distracting you being the wind and the birds singing. Jeremy kept a smile on his face while talking, "we could walk to the park nearby if you want to,then we could go and get some food." Both of you slowed down walking while you thought, 'Food?!'. You started looking around in your pockets but Jeremy took your hand letting out some kind of giggle or laugh,"It's alright, I can pay. No need to worry about the money." He let go of your hand and you put it in your pockets. You felt a little bad but at the same time you felt happy.. Happy that you were enjoying your time,especially with someone. You didn't have to worry about the game for the time being or making theories in your head since the game was away from you.

You two got to the park and walked around the forest like pathway, mostly in silence. There was some small talk, but none of it was important. After what seemed like half an hour at the park, you two headed to the nearest pizzeria and ordered some food. Again, barely any talking had been done.. You started thinking that Jeremy wasn't enjoying your company... That was until it was time to go. You two were walking back through the park and got to the parks gate, about to go your separate ways. When you turned away, starting to walk back, Jeremy grabbed your hand,and started talking, "I know what your thinking.. But that's not the case Y/N. Your an amazing person and I really enjoyed hanging out with you today. You have helped me forget about.. My problems.." you turned to face him but didn't say anything. "Thank you, for everything... " Jeremy said, before walking away. You turned back and started walking to your apartment with a smile on your face.