Chapter 1: You Belong With Me ✨

Start from the beginning

"I miss you guys too! So much! Um, how's—" I stopped myself from opening a door that didn't need to be opened but Scott knew what I was referring to.

"He's doing good Y/n, working a lot like usual, you know him..always picking up another project after wrapping up one."

"Good to know he's still a workaholic." I pouted.

Scott began walking away. "I gotta run hun! But send me that address!"

"For sure!" I waved goodbye, my voice trailing off as he ran to grab a cab.

**FLASHBACK TO THREE YEARS AGO: LA, 2008**

"Hey baby.."

It was 2am and I sleeping in the bed Chris and I shared. He always whispered softly to me letting me know he got home—late that is. He just wrapped up filming for a new movie Push, which is set is premiere next year, 2009.

Chris kissed my forehead as I fluttered my eyes opened. We've been on a rocky road for a couple days, both of us on edge, due to Chris being busy all the time. We were kind of in a fight.

"Late night?" I spoke. Rubbing sleep from my eyes.

"Yeah, the directors wanted to get one last scene in. But that's it babe. I'm done we wrapped today. So I'm all yours."

He sat down beside me on the bed, and I sat up to caress his beautiful face that I missed so much.

I squealed and pulled him close, wrapping my arms around his neck. Finally, I was going to be able to enjoy my husband being home, we could finally do husband and wife things like going on vacations, grocery shopping, cooking together..

"Really Chris? You're all mine?"

"I've always been yours Y/n. Ever since we were 18...."

I smiled when he stole a kiss from my lips. Every time he kissed me felt like the first time.

"...so what do you want to do for a week? Go to Italy? I know you've been wanting to go." He cupped my face in his hands.

"Why a week?" I pinched my brows together.

"Um, no reason, it's just Um, I'm sorry babe I didn't mean to say a week."

"Yes you did Chris. What are you hiding? I know you."

He sighed. Mad at himself for not keeping his mouth shut.

"I-I have to film for another project in a week. My agent says it's something different."

I removed his hand from my face and walked angrily downstairs to the kitchen.

"Y/n! Baby, where are you going?"

"To go get water."

"Can I just explain? And can you listen?..."

He followed behind me, wanting to explain himself as I filled up the glass with water and turned to face him.

"...It's something small, it's for a new one shot series, it's going to be big."

I sat the glass back down in my sink.