chapter 8

My siblings and I were all sitting in my room discussing everything that had been said in the last two hours. The conversation started with Dumbledore talking about our timetable, and making it fit so we got to all of our classes, as well as the extra ones we would be taking. We would also need to make time to patrol. All in all, our days seemed pretty busy. There was also the fact that Dumbledore said that there would be a big event being hosted at Hogwarts. The headmaster wouldn't tell us until we got to school, which would be two weeks before everyone else.

We were just talking about what shifts we would take and which parts of the castle we would patrol when there was a knock on my door. Yelling for them to come in, we saw my dad and uncle James.

'Hey, kids, so the Quidditch World Cup is being hosted here in England this year and James and I are buying the tickets. Do you lot fancy coming?'

Whilst I became ecstatic at the idea of going to the world cup, I could just tell Alice and Harlem had no clue what Quidditch was. I frantically nodded my head with a smile on my face, and then I turned to my siblings and explained the sport to them. Alice was eager to see it as she was the sporty one, but Harlem wasn't so keen on it. In the end, he agreed, and after Sirius and James left, the topic swiftly changed to all the different rules of the game.

.........

I went downstairs to get a drink of water and found myself cursing the kitchen cupboards for being so high up.

After some more attempts, I remembered my wand and wanted to try some spells out. Ten minutes later I realised that was a bad idea. I was surrounded by broken glass and had a cut on my arm from some of the shards.

'What happened here?!'

I spun around with my want raised, the way I would raise my sword. When I saw it was just Lilly, I lowered my hand from near her neck and relaxed my stance.

'Sorry, battle reflex. And to answer your question, I was trying to get a drink but I couldn't reach the glasses so I thought it would be a good idea to use my wand and try out a spell or two but obviously, it wasn't a good idea and I thought it would be pretty easy to do because we could already do Greek magic but it's not. It's really, really hard!'

I said all that in one breath, and after my rant, I huffed as she looked at me strangely.

'Sorry, ADHD.'

At this she chuckled and took out her wand, pointing it to my arm and said: "Episkey"

I felt strange for a second like my skin was knitting itself back together, then when I looked down I realised it was. The redhead then beckoned me forward and we turned to all the broken glass that was on the floor.

'Here let me show you a spell. It's bound to be difficult if you haven't done wand magic before. Now we are going to fix the cups before Kreacher starts whining about broken China. You need to wave your wand like this and say Reparo.'

Lilly showed me how to hold my wand and corrected me on my movements. Then I said the incantation, and to my amazement, the glass started to come together to form three cups. I started laughing and turned to Lilly, smiling at her. Surprising us both, I came in and hugged her. Nevertheless, I said thank you and pulled away.

Even though everyone had always loved Harry more than me, Lilly had tried to include me in everything, and I had always thought of her as a mother figure in my life. It felt nice to hug her again.

..........

Back in my room, we had been joined by Harry and Ron whilst Hermione had gone home to enjoy the rest of the holiday with her family. The boys were talking about the school Quidich teams and who played on them, and I was only half listening. I gave the conversation my whole attention though when I heard them talking about the dementors that had interfered with the match last year. Turning to the boys, I asked why they were even there in the first place. They gave each other a grim look and turned to face me.

'Did no one tell you what has been going on?'

This really caught our attention and we all shook our heads. With that, the boys turned to us and told us all about their time at Hogwarts. Starting with the first year, with Quirrel and the Philosophers Stone, the second year with Lockhart and the chamber of secret, and finally third year. This is where I grew mad. Peter Pettigrew had been spotted and the ministry had stationed Dementors all around Hogwarts to try and catch him.

Peter was one of the famous Marauders and was the secret keeper for James and Lilly. He had betrayed them to Voldemort and had almost helped kill us. My dad went after him later on but he turned into a rat and disappeared. However, he was still a wanted man, so when he finally resurfaced, he was recognised and the ministry had put Dementors around the school, to keep Harry safe. Also uncle Remus got to teach for a year, which I was happy about.

After Harry and Ron had finished talking, Alice burst out laughing.

'Poseidon's pants! If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're cursed! Seriously, you seem to be a magnet for trouble.'

Ron just grimaced and nodded, saying 'it comes with being friends with the chosen one.'

I grimaced at that, and Harry having noticed, elbowed Ron. I hated that title. I wasn't necessarily jealous of it, it's just that because of it, I always got excluded.

Ron turned a questioning glance to Harry, but he just looked at me and smiled shyly whilst Alice, having noticed my reaction, rolled her eyes. After that, the topic of our chat turned toward Greek magic. Eventually, Molly came up to tell Ron it was time to go. After she left he turned to us.

"So will I be seeing you at the world cup?"

AN:
Yes, I am alive! 3 more weeks of school, or is it 4? Oh well. Anyway, what did you think? I liked writing a scene with Cara and Lilly because I just feel like Lilly would never deliberately leave a child out and she seems like such a nice character. Also, leave a comment on who you would like to see Cara with because I want to start some sort of relationship with her, but I have no idea who I should pare with her. It can be anyone from the Harry Potter or Percy Jackson series. Last but not least, I plan on introducing everyone's favourite bouncing ferret in the next chapter. Wonder how that will go?😏