Oneshot

omg is it just me or is it really fun writing one-shots? Anyway here's the first chapter of a story (not really Oneshot lmao) It's really bad btw probs bad grammar too.

Btw I suggest reading it to Human by Christina Perri

Asha hugged her knees to her body, messy wet hair splayed over her legs as she tucked her head into her knees. The hot water scorched her bareback, numbing her feelings at a painstakingly slow pace. The hissing of the fast-moving water that came out of the tap softly turned into the crackling of a fireplace, and there sat a younger version of her laughing with her father. "Father; for years you've been working at that puzzle box, trying to crack the code, I was wondering why you can't just give it to the people who made it to open the box? I'm sure mum wouldn't mind." 12-year-old Asha asked, a small yet complex box took up most of her fathers' afternoon as he tried to crack the code. Each evening whether it would be winter or summer they would sit by the fireplace and kept on trying. Everyday happiness would light up his face as he pulled the puzzle out of its special cause, determined to find what her mother hid inside it.

"Well, what would the fun be in that?" He replied looking at his confused daughter laughter filling his eyes. "Look Asha, everyone has this fire inside them, something that no one can buy but is so easy to rob." "What is it?" "Hope." Her father pushed a strand of dark brown hair off his face. "Each day I sit here hoping that I will crack this puzzle, it's what drives me on. Trust me, it is so easy to give up, yet the hardest thing you could ever do was to keep going. Never give up, it is ok to rest at times, just remember bad times always end because then how will you know the difference between bad and good?"

"What if that fire is getting blown out every day bit by bit because of the wind? I can't show that it's disappearing to the world." Asha whispered softly enough to get pulled out of the memory. She slammed the tap shut causing the hot water to stop flowing. When she was younger, she use to slowly shut the water off, making sure that her body got use to the outside temperature, these days she didn't care, she never did. And so, as fast as the heat stopped hugging her, the cold enveloped her bony frame. She use to detest the cold, now, she craves it. Standing up, she grabbed the towel wrapping it around her body tightly, not minding another thin layer protecting her against the world. Bright pink spots danced across her collarbone caused by the water. Stepping outside of the bath she looked at her reflection in the fogged-up mirror, her face slowly turning into her father's. "Then put a smile on your face and raise your head high, walk with confidence, show the world that you are the strongest person here. Show the people who feel broken inside just like you that, even they can find hope." He spoke.

"AND DO YOU THINK I DO NOT DO THAT?" Asha roared grateful that her sisters not in the house. "Do you think that I don't pretend that I'm ok to my sister so that I'm not even more of a problem to her? I am the biggest problem in her life currently, she has to work extra hours to be able to pay off my fees, my clothes, my food. She can't even move in with her boyfriend because he doesn't want to deal with me because IM THE BIGGEST PROBLEM HERE, IM EVERYONE'S CAUSE OF STRESS!" Slowly she hunched over the sink grappling the edges so tightly that her knuckles tinted white, she closed her eyes as tears slip down her cheeks, fast. As quickly as her breakdown was, she composed herself and looked her father in the eye, his face full of sadness. "Have you tried looking back at memories? If you look far enough, you will see something worth fighting for. Joy will flood your- "

"-Nonexistent heart." She interrupted sharply, "I have looked as far as I could, instead of it being the flint to the little steel that is left in my heart to start that fire, it has haunted me to the point of causing hallucinations of you." Wrapping her towel closer to herself she turned around to face the door, "This is all your fault. If you had not died Nyra and I wouldn't be left alone in this horrendous world. Thank the gods that Nyra is 24. And if you had told us earlier about your sickness, we would have treated you and you would have been better. Because of you, mother did not get to the hospital fast enough causing her to die. CURSE YOU!" Asha screamed whirling around to face the water droplets that now covered the mirror seeing that no one's there. She stared at it feeling self-conscious that the whole time she was talking to no one, her wet hair dripped cold water down her back. "That fucking asshole" She hissed. "How dare he." 

 Then like she always does; Asha wiped her eyes hard before picking up her invisible shards of broken glass and glued them back together.