No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 1

Comenzar desde el principio

"Elena is nothing like Katherine, Charlotte, nothing," Stefan growled. He pulled Elena closer to his side. "Anyway, what are you doing here? You haven't been to Mystic Falls for almost 150 years."

"How rude, Stefan, why don't you show me where I'll be staying, I'll have a good night's sleep, and in the morning we can get down to the nitty-gritty, you can ask me anything you want and I can ask you why the hell there has been so many killings in Mystic Falls in the last year."

"Where you'll be staying?"

"Well, you don't expect me to sleep outside do you." She picked up her bags and headed to the living room. "And by the way, it's Charlie now; it is the twenty-first century after all."

Dear diary, why is she here, why? I never meant to hurt her but I did... and Damon did. And now she's back... when I thought she was dead. All those years ago she was a vampire, how did she keep that from us? Did she use her compulsion on us? Why did she never bite us... or turn us? Or did she simply just want to live as a human? Not every vampire is like Katherine. But why is she back now? What if she wants revenge? What if she's working for Katherine? What if she wants us dead? But why would she after almost 150 years, why now? Yet, if she is still the Charlotte I knew, she wouldn't hurt anybody... not even Damon after what he did to her.

Stefan closed his diary and put down his pen. He leaned back in his chair and shut his eyes. He hadn't slept well last night, he'd tried not to worry about Charlotte but it was hard when he didn't know what she wanted. He sat back up and sighed. He needed to talk to her.

Suddenly, there was a loud bang downstairs. Stefan was out of the chair and in the living room within seconds.

Damon was standing in the middle of the room, broken glass all around him. Elena walked through the front door.

"Damon?" Stefan asked shaking his head annoyed. Elena was now at Stefan's side and he took her hand in his.

"Well, brother, I found out something very funny at The Grill this morning. Your little girlfriend Elena here told me that Charlotte, aka Charlie, aka Charlotte who should be dead by now is in our house," Damon shouted as he tossed a vase across the room.

"Indeed I am," Charlie smiled cockily from the top of the stairs.

Damon looked in shock.

"Aren't you pleased to see me Damon?" she said as she descended down the stairs. She wandered across the room and stood in front of Damon. "I missed you?" she smiled.

"You look exactly the same as the last day I saw you... in 1864," he whispered. He gently touched her face. "When did you turn? Are you still eighteen?"

"Um, I'm sixteen actually."

"Sixteen?"

"Damon, I've been sixteen since 1764, I was born in France in 1748."

"Are you telling me, that when I was dating you, you were a vampire?"

"I think being sixteen for almost one hundred years before I met you kind of implies that."

Damon turned away from them.

"You dated her?" Elena said. "What about Katherine?"

"I dated Charlotte before I met Katherine," Damon breathed, still facing the other way. "It was 1861, I was barely eighteen, she was a couple of years younger than me, or so I thought... we dated for three years..." He turned to face Charlotte. "I'd been with a few girls but you were my first love."

"If you loved me, why did you forget about me?

"Forgot about you? I thought you were human; I had to leave my human life when I was turned. And now almost 150 years later, I thought you were dead."