I pull it over my head "Whatever, I'm borrowing this" I state, giving up on trying to find my clothes, and instead start to search for my platforms.

I don't even realize he's gotten off of the bed as I'm sitting on the edge of it frantically putting my boots on. Before I can reach for the other one, he's in front of me and kicking it away.

The cigarette hangs from his lips as he watches me closely. Eyebrows furrowed, he crossed his arms. I scowl at him. "What are you-"

"Here's another fucking rule," he starts to say, taking the cigarette out of his mouth with his two front fingers, and then he taps ash on my boot.

"stop running from shit every second." His voice is light but the determination behind his eyes tells me he's serious.

I look away reaching for my other boot standing up and stomping it on. I don't say anything. I continued running. I reach for my keys to the house with a pounding head avoiding eyes with his as I move towards the door.

But always stubborn pulls me back my arm, pushing my back against the door I was so desperately trying to disappear behind. He's in front of me, holding my waist and tipping my head back as his fingers move tightly around my jaw.

His eyes are on bruised purple and angry red marks. I know it's bad and I haven't even seen them yet.

"Well, look at that, you're covered with me. " He tsk's and the bastard seems to find my state of panic entertaining.

Leaning in again, his words press into my skin. "Run all you want sweetheart, but there's no more hiding." I don't want his words to burn. But they do.

"Are you done?" I ask him calmly.

"Not even close," His voice is low and there's a glint in his eyes.

I let him hold me there. I give myself a moment to look at him. For him to look at me. Replenishing in the moment for a second longer.

Then the second is over and I push him off completely.This time he lets me go, the slight smug smile still evident on his face. Without even a second look, I make sure to slam the door behind me, the number four rattling behind it.

"Fucker," I mumble before I realize the burning sun.

I move towards my house with squinted eyes, and pray my grams is across the lot in her office and not inside where she can see a clear view of the motel. My prayers are however not answered when I open the front door and see her at the kitchen table.

I stop between the kitchen on my right, and the stairs to escape on my left. She eyes me and I know that look. "Grams I-"

"I was just waiting for this day to come." she says cutting me off. Oh god, cue the dramatics.

I take a deep breath before stepping forward, peaking around the doorway to the kitchen.

"Sorry, I forgot it was Sunday." I give her a light smile. Hoping she just shrugs it off like she usually does when I mess up.

But she takes a look at me and I realize how bad this looks. Walking in from a night of being gone, I know she saw me walk out of room four where we let trouble stay for free. I'm in his clothes, and covered in his marks, my makeup was probably everywhere and I know my hair was no better.

My grandmother was a free spirited woman, she wasn't strict and I know she has an idea of what goes on when I'm out with the band and Juliet. But seeing it first hand was probably worse than she imagined.

I step forward again, stepping into the small kitchen. "I slept in, I completely forgot about my shift-"

"It's not your shift I'm worried about, Vada." she raises an eyebrow at me, and there's a moment of silence before she speaks again.