VI | Countdown.

Beginne am Anfang

**4 weeks later.**

I looked at the black tv screen, bringing the cigarette in between my lips. I inhaled and then finally exhaled the smoke.

seven weeks. seven weeks since he went to jail. god knows how he's doing.

i mean, like he said, it's better to have your enemy alive and kill him yourself than someone else do it.

I just can't handle this guilt.

oh the guilt...

i should've insisted and followed him- but I know he'd still force me to run, and i'd at some point give in.

I simply looked at my ringing cellphone. The fiftieth call this week. Same number. Same time.

It could be Stacy, Alex, the mayor, a guard, the police, some girl I met, a stranger- anyone. I was questioning myself on whether or not I pick it up.

I stumbled off the couch and picked up the phone.

"Hello?" I asked bitterly.

"Princess?"

It was him. I heard his voice through the phone, he was worried. He was the one calling for me.

"Hello, is that you, princess?"

"It's me," I responded softly.

"How've you been?"

"Decent. Alcohol helps a lot."

"It's bad for your health, princess. Stop drinking and smoking. I can hear you slightly slurring."

"You can't tell me what to do." I heard him sigh.

"Where are you?"

"I'm in Texas. I bought a cabin where nobody would find me."

"Princess, you need to go back and take your classes. You need to pass senior year. I don't have much time left, so can you come visit me? Just to talk?"

"I'll think about it. It seems like you're spending all your calls on me. Why?"

"I don't really care or know anyone else. I remember a few girls' numbers, but I doubt they'll be serious and I don't trust them, and Zack's out of town."

"You trust me?"

"Well, yeah."

"Okay," A small smile came on my face, but I quickly wiped it off, "I'll talk to you later."

"Princess, promise me you'll stop drinking, pick up my calls, and get back to class."

"Why do I have to make a promise to you?"

"It wasn't a question, it was a demand."

"Fine. Goodbye," I rolled my eyes.

"I've missed you," He lowly spoke into the phone, "Life hasn't fun anymore since I'm not annoying you. Let me find out you've been fucking messing with anyone, Dominique."