chapter 3

"Hey uh greenie?" I woke up to see Ben standing next to me and all the gladers up and working already.

"Did you know that you were talking in your sleep?" I looked over at him while asking "Did you hear what i was saying? Was it anything good or bad?"

"Im not really sure if its good or bad but i do know that it was weird. You were saying 'y/n, Wicked is good.' It was like you were repeating something that someone else said."

The words that Ben had repeated to me kept running through my head. I remembered the objects that were in the box that were labeled W.C.K.D when i arrived.Could that be a clue? But who is y/n? and what is wicked? The name y/n kept repeating over and over in my head until it finally hit me. 

"My names y/n." I said under my breathe to see if it sounded right to say. 

"What did you just say Greenie?" A confused Ben asked me.

"My names y/n" I said clearly. "My names y/n!" Everyone looked at me. "My names y/n!" I said repeatedly with joy.

Everyone ran over to me and started cheering my name. "Welcome home, y/n." Newt said while smiling at me. 

"So y/n since we didnt get to finish the tour yesterday why dont i show you the rest of the glade." Newt said to me as I followed him to a large wall. He hands me a tool and tells me to go ahead. I observed the wall which had names carved into it. As I carved my name into the wall I smiled. "You're an official glader now y/n." Fry said as he walked up to Newt and I. 

"Here have this" I looked down as Fry handed me my own hammock. 

Newt finished showing me around and then he ran off to help the rest of the gladers set up a bonfire to celebrate my arrival since we weren't able to yesterday. 

After the bonfire was ready, Newt went to set up my hammock and he strangely set it up next to his, but i didn't mind since he was one of the people i trusted most in the glade

We all ate frys soup as we sat around the bonfire chatting. I went to go take Alby some soup since he was watching over George to make sure nothing bad would happen. As I got back to where i was sitting Newt came and sat down next to me as he was holding a strange yellow liquid.

"Here try this. Gallys recipe." I had a worried look on my face and i didnt wanna try it but i did anyways. "Oh my god thats disgusting. What in the world is in that stuff?" I said as newt laughed at me.

 What in the world is in that stuff?" I said as newt laughed at me

"I dont know." He said while laughing and offering me another sip 

"Well whatever that is its disgusting." I said while still trying to get the taste out of my mouth.

"Hey y/n?" Newt said as he turned to me. Our eyes locked and that warm feeling started to grow inside of me again.

"Im really glad you came up into the glade. I feel like we have some sort of connection." Newt said while looking up at the stars "So do I. I feel like we've known each other for forever. Its like we met before the glade." I said while smiling. But slowly that smile faded away when i remember that we would never know if we met before the glade.

Newts POV

Y/n's smile started to fade slowly. I tired to think of something that would make her smile again.

"Hey! Look at that." I said while pointing to the stars. "Its a shooting start!" Y/n said as her face lit up. As she was looking at the beautiful night sky I got this warm feeling inside of me when i looked at her. I wasn't sure what it was, but it was a happy feeling. This feeling felt familiar. I felt this feeling yesterday when Ben asked if i liked y/n last night. I told him no but at the time i didnt know what that feeling was and now i do. I think i finally started to experience what it felt like to like someone more then a friend.

Minho came over to me and y/n and asked if he could talk to me alone. I told y/n to stay there and that i would be right back. 

"So Newt, when were you gonna tell me?" He said while grinning.

"T-tell you what?" 

"Dont play dumb shank its obvious by the way you look at her. When were you gonna tell me you like y/n"

My eyes widened. How did he know? Was it really that obvious?

"You might as well tell her now before its to late." He said while looking over at y/n who was examining the night sky. 

"Shes only been here for two days Minho. Dont you think its a little early?"

"Nope!" Minho turned me around to face y/n and pushed me towards her and made me sit down then left the two of us alone. Thanks Minho

"Hey Newt i saw another shooting star while you were talking to minho." y/n's face lit up making me feel warm inside once again.

"Y/n?" 

"yeah?"

"So I know youve only been here for two days but...."

Y/n's POV

"But i thought it was time i should tell you." Newt said while fidgeting with a twig. He was hesitant to tell me and i could tell he was scared to say what was on his mind. 

"Newt. Its okay. Whatever you want to say you can say it to me." I said as he looked me in the eyes.

"Everytime i look at you i get all warm inside and i never knew what the feeling was until i saw you smile when you were looking at the stars." I nodded giving him reassurance that he could trust me. 

"When you smiled while looking at the stars i realized i didnt like you as a friend y/n. I like you more then a friend." He said while looking back down at the ground while he continued to fidget with the twig. 

I looked around to see if anyone was near and i saw Minho looking my way nodding at me as he smiled. I was getting tired so i decided to rest my head on Newts shoulder. His eyes widened and his head shot up in shock as he looked over at me. I looked up at him and smiled. 

"I had that same warm feeling inside of me when you helped me up after i ran into you." Newt smiled and i drifted off to sleep.