"Okay mom."

We talked back and forth for the next hour coming up with ideas. In the end, we ended up with deciding to get a 'sorry' gift. One that would mean a lot to her.

"Thank you mom."

"Your welcome honey. And don't mess up this time okay."

"Okay, love you."

"Love you too."

I stared at my mom's contact with a slight smile knowing that I was truly blessed to have a loving mother such as her. I placed the phone on the headboard before putting the car in gear and heading off rushing onto the lively roads.

♚♔♚♔♚

"Mr. McKnight! Welcome, welcome!" A bearded man greeted me outside a shop with a large grin slapping me behind my back. His accent coming off in strong waves.

I only nod at him. "Mr. Reid, how do you do?"

"Good my boy! What brings you here this late at night? I was surprised when your mother called me informing me of your visit."

"I needed a gift. I apologize for the inconvenience but I needed to get it as soon as possible." I said pointed at his shop.

"No problem at all boy. Your practically family. Now tell me what the occasion is. Is it a wedding? Perhaps a birthday party? Maybe a baby shower? Or—"

"A sorry gift." I cut him off looking off to the side.

"A sorry gift?" He questioned.

Not even a second later he broke into a roaring laughter. He let his head fall back as he gripped his round belly. I looked at his with a quirked brow. Seeing my confusion he began to calm down and flicked a fake tear under his eye.

"Like father like son huh. Did your mother recommend this shop boy?" I nodded.

"Well let me tell you something son. Back in the day when your father was dating your mother, he would always come here to get her a 'sorry' gift to apologize to her whenever they got into a big fight. Goodness, this was how we become such good friends. In every one of his consistent visits, he  would say how saying sorry wasn't enough and how showing someone your sorry means much more." He let out a sigh looking at the sky. I peered at him intrigued never knowing that my father came here frequently in his early years.

No wonder my mother was adamant on me coming here. This must be a special place for her.

It came to a surprise to him that his father and mother even ever fought. They always were caring and loving to each other never losing trust. It was their relationship that made him believe that their was something in this world such as love.

"Is it for a special girl?"

I hesitated for a second. "Ya." He nodded understandably with a smile.

"Sometimes no matter how much time passes by some things will never change." He let out a low chuckle. "Welp I guess we should go inside to get you that gift."

I nodded and followed him inside the shop stopping right after the door. It was not what I had expected at all.

There was very little space in the shop. No diamonds or gold could be located. The jewelry around the shop were in the rectangular glass cabinets and seemed to be made of amber, beads, and even metal.