"Don't you guys find it strange Kion wants to check the borders all by himself?" Ono asked.

"You tell me. This isn't something Kion would do." Fuli said.

"I don't know. Kion takes his role as leader pretty seriously." Bunga added.

"Plus, he's our leader. We can't just disobey him, can we?" Besthe asked.

Fuli sighed. She whispered Ono's name so only he could hear it. He flew nearer Fuli.

"Ono, if Kion doesn't come back soon, can you check the borders to see what Kion is doing?"

"You want me to spy on him?" Ono raised his eyebrow.

"He has been very quiet lately. I think something's going on."

"Well, I agree. I suppose I can fly around to check on him."

"Thank you, Ono."

-----------

Kion made his way through the Outlands to the mice hole. It wasn't a surprise for him to see Kovu was already there.

"Hey Kovu!" he greeted.

"Hi Kion!"

Both lion cubs were smiling, happy to see each other.

"So, what am I gonna learn today?" Kovu asked.

Kion was so focused on just seeing and hanging out with Kovu, he almost forgot he was teaching him how to track animals.

"Right! Uh... Well, you could try to track mice by yourself." Kion suggested.

"Cool!" Kovu said in agreement. "I sure could practice that now. I'm really hungry."

"Why is that?"

"We're pretty low on termites right now. It happens every now and then, but there will be more again within a couple of days. I barely had anything yesterday."

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that."

"It's okay."

"Well, let's get started then. See if you can sense the scent of the mice near the mice hole."

Kovu approached the mice hole and sniffed. "All I smell is rocks."

"Let me try." Kion also sniffed the area of the mice hole, but he couldn't pick up a mice scent either.

"I guess it faded away completely." Kion said. "Let's search for some more holes then." he then suggested.

Kovu nodded and walked with Kion deeper into the Outlands, searching for mice again.

While they were walking, Kion was wondering something. "Can I ask you a question?" he asked.

"Of course."

"Since I only know the stories my dad told me, I was wondering something... What other good things did Scar do?"

"I'm glad you ask." Kovu said. "When he became king, he took care of the hyenas by allowing them into the Pride Lands. He let the lionesses hunt for food so the hyenas have more to eat."

"But don't the hyenas already eat the leftovers after the lions are done?"

"Back then there were like a hundred hyenas and only a few lions. Now there are only, what? 20 hyenas left since Simba became king? The rest probably starved to death."

"But the hyenas destroyed everything in the Pride Lands."

"Not exactly. It was fine in the beginning when Scar became king, but in the end a lot of animals have left the Pride Lands because the last Savannah Summit was a disaster. No one could agree with each other because everyone still looked down to the hyenas. The dry season is always hard for everyone, but is that really Scar's fault?"