Prologue

It's been almost a year now.

It started with little things: new vaccines, new medications, a few ground-breaking surgeries here and there... Just enough to get the public enamored with them. Better Living Industries quickly became a household name. Then, they "partnered" with the government to make their breakthroughs in Western medicine more accessible. I think Korse just did it to brainwash the people in charge. I don't know how they do it, and I don't want to know. But I remember the first time I really got a bad taste in my mouth for them.

It was a few weeks after the merge. Korse was appointed Vice President. It nearly caused an uprising then and there; people on all sides were furious at the disgusting disregard for the law. Well, BL/ind didn't like that one bit. They announced they had the cure for cancer to take some of the heat off. They didn't wait long before moving forward again, and the President stepped down and passed his power to Korse. That did cause an uprising.

Korse declared martial law almost immediately, creating his own militant branch of Draculoids and Exterminators. At the same time, he started offering free medical procedures. They were a front, though. Of course. People would go in for a fucking flu shot and come out worshipping the ground Korse walked on.

That was when I joined the resistance. We're called Killjoys. It was started by a group of ex-government officials after they lost their jobs. Our job is to keep people safe, and to prevent the spread of BL/ind to the best of our abilities.

But see, that's not enough for me. I want those fuckers taken out. So I'm leaving Jersey. But I'm writing this letter, and I'm locking it away in a box so that, when this is all over, if I'm dead, someone will know the truth.

If BL/ind wins, someone has to know the truth.

-Frank Iero