Cold?

A/n: I've been on a long hiatus from this book haven't I? I'm sorry y'all, I didn't forget Dio at all. A LOT has been happening here, and i was paying more attention to the Diavolo fic, but guess what, I am back with a new chapter. And thanks to the one meme i saw the other day as well the comment from one of the readers here, I changed the name of the senior doctor to Dr. Bruno.
_______________________________________

"Is the water ready?"

Dio heard you speak from upstairs, also noticing your footsteps approach as he quickly did whatever he could to adjust the pile of newspapers into the perfect edged shape you had previously kept them in. Not sure why he was worried about them in the first place, he stepped away from your shelf and watched you approach him, now donning a set of pyjamas that quite decently covered all of your body.

"I asked you if the water's ready."

"Huh?" He was brought back to you by your voice. Dio turned his head around towards the kitchen, noting the bubbling sounds coming from there, then turning towards you before responding. "U-uh... Yes... It's done, I think."

"Okay," you moved towards the couch where you had kept the supplies, then carried them to the kitchen. From the corner of your eye, however, you noticed that he looked visibly unnerved.

"Something wrong? You look... scared," you asked rather mockingly, remembering how he had scowled and smirked at you when you had shrieked out of shock at the knock on the door.

As he followed you to the kitchen and took his seat next to the kitchen table, he huffed softly before replying. "I was... Startled."

The cat on the floor had by now finished eating most of the cookie crumbs and you stomped your foot a few times to scare her, but she didn't leave. Frustrated, you gently kicked on its belly, making sure not to hurt the little critter. Instead, Katherine purred and headbutted your foot, causing you to sigh in exhaustion.

"Are you sure it's the neighbour's cat? It's taken quite a liking to you."

You scoffed at his remark and slammed the first aid supplies on the kitchen table. "I hate it, though. Pets are nice and all, but I don't like taking care of them. I've got too much work at hand anyway. Come, sit." You pointed your hand at the chair next to you and he nodded his head slightly before taking his seat.

As you brought the hot pot of water onto the table, you continued to instruct him. "You might want to simply take your shirt off for this. The wound looks pretty bad, I might need to do quite a lot of dressing there."

"I have to what?" He snapped.

"You heard me. Take it off."

"Is that really necessary?"

"Look, Brando, I don't like repeating myself, it gets on my nerves. Besides this isn't my duty hour, so you should-"

"Alright. Fine. Calm down."

You watched him bitterly as he proceeded to unbutton the rest of his black shirt, revealing his torso, which you couldn't help but appreciate at the presence of well-chiseled features. His cool-toned blonde tendrils of hair draped along the length of his nape, allowing you a sparing view of an area behind his left shoulder that seemed to be a birthmark of some kind. The spared part of his thick neck that you had previously observed was an easy giveaway to the fact that he was quite a gigantic man, not to mention his height was extremely towering from your point of view, giving you the idea that he was easily somewhere above 6 feet, nothing less. But the reality that his physique was this huge and so rock-cut in appearance was not something you had anticipated at all.

"Are you just going to stand there?" He spoke, almost in a taunting tone of voice and expression.

Without a reply, you began preparing the objects you were going to use to clean his wound, refusing to look into his eyes, which, you were quite aware, would taunt you further. It may have been a very short time that you had known him, but that was somehow enough for you to know that Dio Brando was probably a man who enjoyed being a sight to behold. Probably a man pretty full of himself. Loves to feed his ego as much as possible.

Hallowed Be Thy Name ||  DIO X READER (gender-neutral)  ||On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara