//The Sleepover (1)//

Start from the beginning

'However', I thought to myself as I walked down the large hallway, 'The problem comes when considering excuses for why I need to do this. Or so I worried, but Mujika gave me a stack of books on a small demon-religion in which they consider it fulfilling to not show any of their skin, which is willingly practiced by those of all ages. Even better, is that a village of these religious demons is located rather close to the farm I planned to claim my parents worked at. Convenient, amiright? It's almost like an author is creating these scenarios because they're a lazy little sh*t and don't want to have to deal with inconveniences.' I looked up to the sky with a small, depreciating smile. 'But that couldn't be it, could it?'

F*ck you, me.

-I arrived at the end of the hall branch and glanced both ways. "Where could they've run off to...?" I grumbled, rubbing the back of my head.

"Oh, hey Y/N!" I turned towards the sound of the voice, and caught sight of a demon-boy, who was the son of one of Mujika's ladies- a maid of sorts- and one of the sentries, I believe. His name was... what was it again? "Your friends are outside at the training grounds." He hoisted a wooden sword onto his shoulder. "I had a sparring match with a few of them, and it's a tad embarrassing, but I had my ass handed to me."

I let out a small snort. "Which one?"

"The blue-haired one."

"Cozbi?" I raised my eyebrows. "That's unexpected."

"You should go a round." The demon snickered. "Avenge me, princess."

I rolled my eyes. "We'll see. Have you even gotten any better since the last time we sparred? Should we have a match or two so I can test that?"

The demon boy sweatdropped. "Well, uh... you see- Oh! That's my dad calling me! Got to go!" The demon ran away quickly, appearing like a dog with his tail between his legs.

I let out a quiet snicker before following through the large doors, nodding politely at the sentry worker who held it open. They nodded back towards me as I continued my walk down towards the training area.

I soon arrived in the massive field of training-dummies for the capital army, walking towards a small group that clamoured in the middle of the field. The whole area was empty, seeing as it was a day off for the trainees, and how few demon sentries there were nowadays in comparison to the past.

"Y/N!!" Cozbi called out with a wave. I waved back and arrived at the small circle of demons. "Alright, everyone, introduce yourselves."

"I'm Benny." The first one spoke, a tall demon with lime green hair, and a slit-style mask that covered half their face. "She/they, by the way." They spoke curtly, as if they had a hundred better things to do than be here today. I raised my eyebrows in unamusement, when a cheerful voice chirped;

"I'm Emma!!"

I froze momentarily and glanced down at the short demon girl, who looked to be about 7 demon years. It took me a moment to recover from my momentary shock. Emma was a common name, I guess. "Are you a real-life princess?? - Oh, right, manners! I'm a girls!" She exclaimed. I crouched down and patted her head, her hair a short blue bob.

"You bet it, I'm a princess! I'm a bad*ss, too." I grinned.

"That makes two of us." Cozbi harrumphed humorously, crossing her arms. She suddenly yelped as another demon stepped forward, gripping onto Cozbi's ear.

"Sorry about this one." A soft voice spoke, and I looked up to the other tall demon, who had pale pink hair, cascading in ringlets to her lower back. "I'm Aurelia, she/her, if you don't mind."