Arc. 1: The First Time I Met You

In a spacious bed inside a room, there lay a man with his eyes closed no longer breathing. Three people were with him, the two were his parents and the other one was his brother.

They cried and cried until only the illuminating light of the sunset could be seen. They were devastated and grieved for this member of their family that left them so early.

Unknown to them the original soul of the body they were grieving for was long gone. That soul was already going through reincarnation and has been replaced by a host to fulfill missions that were given.

The said host was currently floating around while waiting for his system to transfer him back to their own space.

~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~

[Host!] The system greeted it's host with it's shining ball form.

"System!" Greeted back by it's host as he smiled.

[Host! do you know how much this system missed you?!] The system exclaimed as it continued to bob up and down while circling its host.

A tick mark can be imagined suddenly appearing at the side of the forehead of the said host. Narrowing his eyes a bit as he stared at his system.

"Oh, really? Then how much do you miss me again?" The host asked slowly stepping towards the system who stopped its movement when it felt that its host was angry.

[...] [Oh no! Not good! Host is pissed abort! Abort!]

[Uh, umm...H-host?]

'Yes, my dear system?'

[Shit! Host really is pissed!:;(∩'﹏'∩);:]
[I-i think the higher up is calling me again]

"Hmm....You think I'll believe that?'

[I wanna get out of here(╥﹏╥) and host please don't smile like that you look creepy...]o(╥﹏╥)o
[Host.... Please spare this cute system~]

"...Fine! But I swear if you do it for the tenth time I'll beat you up in your human form"

The host let out a sigh as he crossed his arm while glaring at his system.

[Yes host!]

The system was relieved that he was safe again this time but he promised that he will never ever leave his host again so suddenly during his mission with only a note.

Well, it is his fault for not informing his host directly when his host already said it like eight times.

"I'll go rest again for now and we will go to the next world after I wake up"

[Yes host!]

After that, the host named Xavier went to his bed to lay down before sleeping. The system had nothing to do so it also took its rest for a moment.

~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~

Xavier woke up after sleeping for 18 hours. He saw that his system was resting and decided to not wake him up.

He got up and looked around the space that he was in. It has been quite a long time since his first encounter with his system.

He decided to stay with Mono, yes Mono. He gave him that certain name since he doesn't know what else he can name the system. He was not good in creating names so he just took the mono in the word monotone.  That system was only speaking to him in a monotone voice at that time. Though as time passes by, his system became as loud as him.