TWO

upon arriving back at the camp, fae swarmed the man carrying the pink haired prisoner, relief overtaking the crowd at how soon aslan had fulfilled his promise. the princess makes her way through the crowd, eyes watering and smile widening upon seeing her friend free and safe from the white witch.

the boy himself had passed out on the way back, the pain from his wounds overwhelming him. the dark skinned fae took him to a healers tent, the princess following while the rest of their people disperse and continue with their tasks.

edmund watches as the people with pointed ears take away his fellow former prisoner, averting his eyes from the army of creatures that were staring at him with emotions he couldn't discern. he didn't even look towards where his siblings were, instead allowing himself to be escorted to the majestic lion that had been waiting for him.

"who do you think that boy is?" lucy questions her older sister, having seen the unconscious figure that had been rescued along with their brother.

susan just shrugs. "i don't know. but i think he's a prince, given what aslan said to that fae princess."

the younger girl gasps, wondering excitedly, "do you think they're in love?"

the older looks at her sister with surprise, not having expected lucy to jump to that conclusion. "even if they are, it's none of our business what they are to each other."

around an hour later, the princess and the man were helping the fae prince out of the healers tent, him walking on shaky legs. everyone else stayed away, knowing that he had most likely undergone horrid torture under the white witch's imprisonment and needed time to recover and adjust to being free once again.

they ended up walking around the camp, his legs working better the longer he practiced. the trio soon ended up near the pevensie children, and they stop when they notice them watching them.

the princess smiles apologetically at them, saying, "i apologize for not introducing myself sooner to you. i am keeva, it is a pleasure to meet you. this is drystlin, and prince aster."

edmund's eyes widen upon hearing that the other former prisoner was a prince, mouth gaping slightly until susan snaps it up. she sends him a small glare for being impolite, but he wasn't really paying attention.

"just aster is fine." the hoarse voice makes all eyes snap to the injured fae, who gives a small, wry smile. drystlin frowns when he tries to walk forwards slightly and greet them properly, keeping the prince from moving.

"i'm lucy!" the little girl exclaims with a grin, making the princess smile affectionately.

"and these are my siblings susan, peter, and edmund," she introduces, the three fae nodding to each of them. the two former captives lock eyes once more, aster nodding in understanding of the boy before looking back at drystlin and keeva.

"where's sage?" he questions softly, and the princess only rolls her eyes.

"probably bothering the rest of the army or something."

aster went to laugh at the statement, but he winced instead upon doing so. this earns another frown from drystlin, who takes his full weight and begins walking away from the pevensie children and the princess.

keeva sighs, smiling apologetically at them once more. "sorry about that. drystlin is like a mother hen, always worrying over aster. he's aster's sworn protector, and since he was kidnapped he hasn't rested. his fussing over the prince will be increased tenfold now that he's back."

the pevensie's watch as the two walk off, bickering, and they feel sympathy for the boy.

keeva, hearing her title being called, gives another smile to the four along with a small bow before walking off.

•••

"a fellow archer, i see."

susan and lucy startle, turning around, with the older pevensie cocking an arrow only to let out a sigh upon seeing the pink haired prince.

he holds up his hands in a surrendering motion, a small amused smile on his face. both girls notice drystlin standing a few feet behind the prince, eyes glancing around for any sign of danger before turning his gaze back on the prince and daughters of eve.

"i apologize for startling you both, it wasn't my intention. i simply came to practice considering i haven't been able to for some time," aster explains, showing the girls his bow and quiver. susan, not having realized she'd kept an arrow cocked after their initial arrival, lowers her bow and nods in acceptance of his explanation.

"you're an archer, too?"

he nods with a shrug, approaching the girls and eyeing the targets. "it's my preferred position in battle. i've been trained in many different ways, but archery has always been where my talent lies. drystlin is more into blades, if you can't tell."

this makes the three look over at the older fae, who levels the prince with an unimpressed look as his hand rests on the hilt of his sword.

aster smirks slightly at his protector, hiding it swiftly when facing the girls again.

"if you would like, i can assist you with your practice?"

susan nods thankfully, cocking an arrow once more but aiming it at the target directly across from her. aster, meanwhile, does the same while aiming for the target next over.

after the older pevensie releases her arrow, she and lucy smile at how close it had been to the target. then, they turn to the prince, only to go wide eyed seeing he'd gotten a direct bullseye on the first shot.

"how..."

"i have been an archer much longer than you have, lady susan. but for your first try, that was astounding," he compliments, making the girl flush. lucy takes out her dagger, throwing it at the same target susan had used, and they all watch as the dagger hits the bullseye dead on.

"that was magnificent, lady lucy." the little girl faces drystlin, smiling proudly and receiving one in return.

"why thank you, drystlin."

both fae turn in the direction of the sound of horses galloping closer, the girls following their lead, and they see both peter and edmund coming closer.

"come on, ed! sword point up, like oreius showed us," the older boy says to his brother, their swords flying through the air.

"en garde!"

"now block."

aster manages to shoot some more at the targets before one of the beavers comes calling, and he and drystlin both share a grave look hearing his news.

"the witch has demanded a meeting with aslan. she's on her way here."

the two fae rush off, leaving the pevensie's and looking for keeva as an annoying voice announces, "jadis, the queen of narnia! empress of the lone islands!"

keeva, seeing the two, ushers her fellow royal into the tent behind her while she and drystlin stand outside of it.

this was not likely to end well.