7

6

5

4

3

2

1

Shuhua stepped on the gas, hands maneuvering the steering wheel. Maybe she can consider this being free since she can basically go out of their house without any restrictions.

Her mother is very strict when they are at home. Her mother is also strict when it comes to her choice of friends. She doesn't have any problem with it as she only got her only friend here.

The big arc of the university can be seen as Shuhua drives inside, entering the campus. The campus was pretty much empty since it's weekends. Hopping off her car she have her keys on her hand, playing with it while holding a book.

Her eyes and mind silently reading and studying. She's been studying the Korean language for a month now it actually started when she found out that she'll be an exchange student to one of the most prestigious university in Seoul South Korea. She have already been in Korea four years ago and she doesn't remember the language anymore.

And instead of getting a personal teacher to teach her study the language. Her mother have sternly said to her that she should study it alone so she can learn.

Shuhua of course didn't argue with it as she knows it will just be useless if ever she tried to. Shuhua actually don't remember much when she was in Korea four years ago.

Arriving at the Dean's office, she knocked three times and when she heard the permission that she can go in, she twisted the doorknob revealing a beautiful woman.

"Ms. Yeh, I'm glad you came by here. The papers are already being processed by my secretary. When you arrive there, the dorms are for three people. The dorm for international students are not that far from the main building. They will guide you there." 

Shuhua just sat there listening. "Are you not going to tell Tzuyu about this?" The woman look at Shuhua who seems to be lost in thoughts. Shuhua opened her mouth but no words came out. "I'm gonna tell her tonight." Shuhua almost forgot about it.

"My daughter will miss you." Shuhua smiled as she glance at the Dean. "I am too." she answered because she will indeed miss Tzuyu. That girl was the only one who believed and supported her in everything.

Tzuyu is her most trusted friend and if she isn't wrong, that girl is probably just inside their house having a FaceTime with her girlfriend.

Only time can tell on what will happen to her. She's gonna miss her swimming team here though she really isn't friends with them but they are nice to her.

The door opened revealing the Dean's secretary. Shuhua politely gave a smile. "This is gonna be all the things then you're good to go." Shuhua nodded receiving the brown envelope. She thanked the Dean before going out of the room.

She knows Tzuyu will probably be mad at her for not saying it earlier. She received the letter from the Dean a month ago but she's just going to tell Tzuyu at a time where she's already ready to go.

Shuhua decided to just roam around Taipei, she sometimes thank her mom for enrolling her in a university away from Taoyuan.

Taipei is at least an hour drive away from their house so she goes out of the house very early then come backs late which luckily her mother wasn't even bothered about.

The clear sky was beautiful. Car windows were rolled down as she drives around the city not really knowing where to actually go. It's still early in the morning. She can maybe just stay by the beach.

Stopping by at the nearest beach that she found, she rolled up the end of her pants. Getting the book that she's been studying she spotted a place where she can sit. At least there are times where she can actually escape hell even just for a moment.

The sound of the waves were calming, sitting down by the sand. She opens the book again and began reading some words. She's very aware that there will be a language barrier as it is a foreign country not to mention that it is a very conservative country.

Page by page, Shuhua keeps on reading the words to familiarize them. 

===

The day seems to be longer as Shuhua sat there waiting for Tzuyu. She had called the girl earlier to have dinner with her. One because she have to tell Tzuyu that she'll be leaving and two only because she doesn't want to eat dinner with her mother and brother.

Shuhua chuckled as soon as she saw Tzuyu. The girl is really tall and beautiful just like the Dean which is her mother.

"A dinner date?" Tzuyu arched her eyebrow eyeing Shuhua suspiciously. Shuhua just smiled. "Don't be ridiculous, this isn't a dinner date. It's just a dinner." Shuhua sips on her glass of wine.

"I can see in your eyes that you have something you want to tell me." Tzuyu has her attention on Shuhua. On the other hand Shuhua is actually nervous. She's afraid of Tzuyu's reaction.

The waiter approach them holding two menus.

"I'm leaving." Shuhua uttered, avoiding Tzuyu's gaze. "When?" Shuhua look straight into Tzuyu didn't expect that it would turn out like this. "When? I mean are you expecting me to get mad just because you didn't tell me earlier. I've known that you're leaving Shuhua. Are you forgetting that my mom is the Dean? I found the letter at her table at home. I'm just disappointed that it took you so long." Shuhua lowered her head.

"I'll be leaving tomorrow evening." Shuhua mumbled not getting the courage to look at Tzuyu right now. "Okay but I'll be the one driving you to the airport. Your mom is probably just gonna let you take a cab so let me send you off." Shuhua look straight into Tzuyu and the girl was smiling at Shuhua.

Shuhua could say that she's very lucky to have Tzuyu in her life even if they just stayed as friends.

She'll miss the girl so much.

She'll miss her only friend.

Her first love.

===
Let's start this journey. The idea and inspiration of this story was from my love life. I didn't have a happy ending so let's see if SooShu will have their own happy ending.

Stay safe

Stay hydrated

CIAO