#6 | Where's The Hero Now?

Start from the beginning

"Shouto."

Shouto was caught off guard with the use of his first name.

"Please. I promise you that jumping is not gonna fix anything."

'Yes, it will. I would finally be free of him. I won't have to train or suffer punishments. Mom wouldn't have to be troubled by me and hopefully be able to leave the hospital. Fuyumi...she could move out; Continue her life as a normal 23-year-old should. There was no room left for him, no chances, nothing. He was meant to be used, and the only way out was death.'

"I'm sorry. I just-... I can't anymore"

Shouto fell out of sight.

...

Aizawa moved before he could even contemplate what was happening. His hand reached to his capture weapon and with a fling of his wrist, it wrapped around Shouto's limp body, pulling him up and away from the edge.

He sighed a breath of relief, although the same couldn't be said for Shouto.

"LET ME GO!"

Aizawa didn't budge, deciding to ignore his student's protests.

"Not happening."

"Please. Please. I just want it to be over. I don't want to live like this." Warm, salty tears were falling silently down his face.

Aizawa's breath shuddered. 'How...How did I miss this?'

He wrapped his arms around his suffering student. 'I promise. I promise I'll protect you'

Shouto didn't return the hug, but he didn't object to it either. Instead, crying into his teacher's shoulder, releasing all of his pain, sorrow, and grief.

They stayed like that for a while until Shouto finally passed out due to exhaustion. Aizawa looked down at his limp body.

He found the note in his pocket.

『✰❦✰』

Shouto could feel something. It was soft. 'Abed, maybe?' but why couldn't he open his eyes?

'Where am I?'

Slowly, his eyes started to slip open. He woke up to the bright light right above him.

'A hospital room?'

Realization hit Shouto.

'I didn't die.'

'Why? Why can't, for once, anything end up the way I want it to?'

"You're awake! I'm sorry for the precautions," a nurse said, gesturing to the locked and heavily protected windows. "after suicide attempts, it's important to make sure the patient can't harm themselves or others."

She had light blue hair, with a shade of grey eyes that commented on her hair. She had a nurse gown, and an unbelievable amount of mascara on.

Shouto only then looked around; Almost everything harmful was removed. There were no vases or any sharp objects around him. The only glass is the window, which itself looked almost impossible to break.

He returned his gaze over to her. Trying his best to muster up a "Seriously?" look.

It didn't work; Either that or she just ignored him.

"You have a visitor! I'll go get him." She said, exiting the room.

Shouto's breath caught in his throat. 'Is father here? He's going to punish me again'