You were on the speed limit, maybe a few miles more but you made it on time. You clock in seeing Jia's shocked expression.

"Morning!" You yell as you run to the elevator.

"Y/N!" Jia yells back in a worried tone.

"See you at lunch time!" You managed to get out as the door closed.

You get weird stares walking to your cubicle. The other officers kept looking at you and laughing or whispering. You look at your clothes, they were fine. Your hair felt fine. Everything seemed fine. You see Mako trying to signal some to you, he has a panic expression on his face. But before you can ask him you hear a booming voice.

"Y/N MY OFFICE. NOW!" The Chief yells.

Fuck. You were on time, so it couldn't be that. You look back at Mako as you stand up. The utter look of pity makes you angry but terrified at the same time. So you start walking and with every step you take your anxiety rises. You knock, she orders you in.

"Good morning Chief I-" The first thing you notice is your folded coat on her desk. The second is her angry face, getting redder and redder as she looks at you. She slams the door shut with her bending.

"What did I tell you on your first day, officer." She says in a cold angry yet quiet tone.

"N-not to go into your office without your permission..."

She inhales and grips the back of the chair so hard it seems to bend. "THEN WHY DID YOU ENTER MY OFFICE LAST NIGHT!" She yells

You look at her, she looks like she's about to rip you a new asshole in the next five seconds. You sigh, this is going to be your last day and you know it.

"I finished my reports and Mako wasn't there so I went to take them to you. I knocked a few times and when you didn't respond I got worried something might have happened to you so I let myself in to check on you."

Lin's anger didn't seem to go down at all.

"Your coat." She spat, throwing the cloth at you. "Why leave evidence you idiot?!" She barked.

You tried hard not to smile remembering her sleepy face. "You looked cold."

The Chief stared at you for what felt like minutes before sitting at her desk chair.

"I want to fire you Y/N, I'm not even going to shy away from saying it. Your behavior of testing my patience is getting on my last nerve-" She looked at you. "AND WHAT THE FUCK IS ON YOUR FACE?!"

Your hands flew to your face and in your horror you could feel all the piercings. Fuck!

"You never said piercings were a no." You try to be a smart ass.

Lin punches the desk and it's about to yell at you when you interrupt her.

"Wait, let me explain!" You beg. "I always put them in before bed so they don't close off. I forgot to take them out this morning." You start to gently take them out one by one as she stares you down. The last one being your tongue, as you are taking it out you look up to find her staring at it with a light blush. She coughs covering her mouth with her fist as she finds you staring back at her.

"Done." You muttered as you placed them all on a handkerchief and into your pocket.

"Do you ever get tired of making a fool of yourself?!" She says annoyed.

"Chief I'm trying, things are just different here. So many things were acceptable back home that aren't here and vice versa. I swear to the spirits I'm not doing this on purpose." You sigh. "I've been in the force for almost a decade and I've never sat behind a desk for more than three days. This isn't my environment. I have to be outside catching and tracking bad guys, not here cleaning officers desks and filing their paperwork. I have so much to give if you give me a chance, Chief. I promise not to let you down."